• Create Account

Welcome to Computers N Stuff
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Battlefield 3

• Please log in to reply
1621 replies to this topic

al4omega

Rude not to include it really.

Pathetic comments aside, this is the game of the year for me, so very very excited.

BFBC2 introduced me to the joys of online multiplayer and BF3 promises to outdo this excellent game and then some.

Had a very brief couple of days on the Alpha Trial and it was not faultless of course being an Alpha, but it was really really good.

Having seen the Caspian Border gameplay and read this recent preview in the Guardian my excitement is growing.

Open Beta soon!

Gotta upgrade my GPU to DX11 for this (but that's for another thread nearer the time).

Really REALLY looking forward to squading up with you guys!

HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe

Yeah its gonna be brilliant, I was in the Alpha and I really enjoyed that.

jeremy deagle

jeremy deagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
Yes, but 360 for me.

al4omega

Yes, but 360 for me.

A bit OT ..I got a 360 last Xmas and for the life of me I just cannot cope with first person shooters in single player let alone competitive MP.
My 9 year old son woops my ass if we play any local split screen shooters. 3rd person, no problem.

I just think my old brain can't cope after years of mouse and keyboard. I have resigned myself to not getting any more FPS on the 360.

Back OT, the decision to make you quit the game if you want to switch servers seems really clunky, The explanations I have seen are that it's required for the Battlelog. Mmmmm.

jeremy deagle

jeremy deagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
It took me a fair bit of practice but it came. I'm 32 so if I can cope you young uns can adapt!

It just got to where I had better things to spend my cash on then upgrading my PC yearly.

madwedge

Yeah I'm getting it on PS3. Any other BF3 PS3 players here??

I would live to get it on PC, and it'll always be my preferential choice, but I know my laptop won't really run it! I'd love a piece of the 64 player combat but it's not meant to be! 24 player for me!!

Dredj

Dredj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
BF3 I will definitely buy. BC2 was a great game.. I have no idea why I stopped playing it. Actually it's prolly cuz I'm an MMO whore.

Rinshaw

Played the alpha, and was quite underwhelmed.

Just felt like BC2 all over. But then again it was only alpha.

Sobtanian

Sobtanian

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,889 posts

Me too, also you couldn't remap the controls which made playing for me almost impossible (left handed).

Also, no steam version = no BF3 for me.

SuPerNoVi

Last I heard they're screwing the PC version, consoles will get in game server browser but PC wont. It'll be a separate program called Battlelog that we'll need to alt tab or something to connect to servers. Plus isn't Origins required? That's two extra pieces of junk, running along side a perfectly good Steam. I'm thinking of giving this one a miss just because of this and getting MW3 instead which will have dedicated servers.

Source = http://www.rockpaper...server-browser/

Edited by SuPerNoVi, 26 August 2011 - 10:10 AM.

Optimaximal

Optimaximal

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 189 posts
Battlelog is web-based, so it's no extra program there.

It's also pretty much a return to the Gamespy/All-Seeing-Eye model that was popular until, well, Steam...

SuPerNoVi

Battlelog is web-based, so it's no extra program there.

It's also pretty much a return to the Gamespy/All-Seeing-Eye model that was popular until, well, Steam...

That only came about because in game server browsers were turd. For example Medal of Honor Allied Assault.

I don't care whether it's Steam implemented but I would like an in game server browser!

al4omega

Me too, also you couldn't remap the controls which made playing for me almost impossible (left handed).

Also, no steam version = no BF3 for me.

Yeah the BC2 vibe was there in terms of the game mechanics, but for me the sheer physicality of the warfare both visually and aurally has been dialled up to 11.

And the movement feels much different - I felt more connected with what was going on.

Dunno I am a total fanboy so don't listen to me. :)

justplainandy

justplainandy

just found the settings...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
I think I'll get this on or near launch - was too late to the party with BFBC2, but have been having a blast on the Medal of Honor MP, so I look forward to making a prat of myself on a squad near you soon...

paulod

paulod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Yeah I'm getting it on PS3. Any other BF3 PS3 players here??

I would live to get it on PC, and it'll always be my preferential choice, but I know my laptop won't really run it! I'd love a piece of the 64 player combat but it's not meant to be! 24 player for me!!

Yep i'm getting it on both PS3 and PC, be interesting to see the difference between the 2.
Had BFBC2 on PS3 from release and was pretty good on it always in top 3 of leaderboards, bought the PC version not too long ago and was crap at it :/

jeremy deagle

jeremy deagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
I'm fairly certain this will be the greatest game ever. Can't wait. Sooooooo excited.

milese

milese

• Members
  • 23 posts
I'm really excited about this too, except:

Allegedly due to EA's influence and the fact the game is going to be tied to the mandatory Origin account, we will only be allowed 1 soldier.

The reason I'm annoyed about this is because I'll have to buy another copy to allow my son to play it if I want to protect my stats. Stinks of greed to me.

More debate about this here:

http://bf3blog.com/2...wed-per-player/

Edited by milese, 30 August 2011 - 05:31 PM.

al4omega

I'm really excited about this too, except:

Allegedly due to EA's influence and the fact the game is going to be tied to the mandatory Origin account, we will only be allowed 1 soldier.

The reason I'm annoyed about this is because I'll have to buy another copy to allow my son to play it if I want to protect my stats. Stinks of greed to me.

More debate about this here:

http://bf3blog.com/2...wed-per-player/

That, if it turns out to be in the final retail version, sucks.

justplainandy

justplainandy

just found the settings...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
Just been gorging myself on gameplay vids from Youtube. I think I'm going to have to pre-order, regardless of the drawbacks above, because HOLY SHIT THIS LOOKS AWESOME.

Excerpts from both MP and SP look utterly stunning. Can't see how MW3 will top it in terms of looks, at any rate.

SgtDave

Any news when the Beta (and more specifically pre release allowing 48 hours earlier entramce to said Beta) is coming out?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users