Welcome to Computers N Stuff
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

What are you currently playing?

• Please log in to reply
969 replies to this topic

FrozenLuffy

FrozenLuffy

Unemployed fool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
We had one of these threads on Dearwandy so I've created one for the new forum.

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition - The news that the HD version is coming persuaded me to do another playthrough. It's still the best game in the series by a country mile.

Dead Space 2 - It's got a few new weapons/enemies/features but other than that it's exactly the same as the previous game. Meh.

madwedge

Battlefield 1943 (Still!!) on my PS3 and the demo of Space Marine, also on ma PS3. :cool:

Bald_Beauty

Bald_Beauty

Destroyer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
Been playing some cheeky L4D2 - I guess it was just time I killed some zombies. They die good.

SuPerNoVi

StarCraft 2, can't get enough of this game. It's just so slick, so polished and frankly the best RTS I've ever played.

Between that mainly Call of Duty Black Ops PC and Bastion, also on PC.

king_clueless

king_clueless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
Deus Ex Human Revolution and I'm really dragging it out. Loving it even thought the gfx aren't up to much.

Optimaximal

Optimaximal

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 189 posts
I'm currently playing Steam's 'Activate a Product on Steam' dialog, repeatedly entering my HR key until it bloody well accepts the damn thing... :| :/ :) :mad: :lol:

Sobtanian

Sobtanian

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,975 posts
Human Revolution also. Lovely.

Ms Splosion Man (360): no where near as good as first game. Almost near the end, getting frustrated with complex level design if I'm honest.

Tiny Tower in iOS: I think I've done at least 200 hours on that, if not more. I was racing madwedge to reach 100 stories but he bailed out on me *sniff*

madwedge

Tiny Tower in iOS: I think I've done at least 200 hours on that, if not more. I was racing madwedge to reach 100 stories but he bailed out on me *sniff*

But it go so boring, lol!! There's no variety to it to keep you going. To be honest it was ferryin people in the lifts which did it for me. You think you upgrade to a decent lift, but after a day or two it felt as slow as the previous ones. As such I never ferried people around. my gameplay was just constantly restocking floors which got tedious in the end.

Sorry. I've always been known to have a short attention span!

Sobtanian

Sobtanian

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,975 posts
I think it's cos am playing it on the iPad, which I'm glued to most of the evening.

Browse the net, bit of tiny tower. Read a book, bit of tiny tower. Etc etc. The game notifies me each time a floor is ready to be restocked so I just pop in and out.

Guess if I was playing it on the iPhone I'd have quit ages ago too.

madwedge

See I'd turned off notifications long ago too. It was bugging me whenever new stock was in etc!

Like The Sims I'm assuming all my bitizens have died of hunger now!

grrrpoop

Got 3 Wii games for my birthday:

Grand Slam Tennis
Much better in terms of accuracy than Wii Sports Tennis but also more challenging because of it. Best feature: not randomly smashing the ball into the crowd on the left hand side like Wii Sports always seemed to do.

Mini Ninjas
Reminds me a lot of Okami, which is one of my all time favourite games.
Cute graphics, fun melee combat, and gentle humour throughout. Controls work really well and the camera angle usually works in your favour, although you can manually adjust it too. Multiple controllable characters keeps it fresh. As in Okami, there are collectables in each level and you can check progress as you go to make sure you get them all. Worth checking out!

Boy and his Blob
Cutesy side scrolling platformer. The titular blob functions as a tool for reaching different areas by turning into a hole, ladder, parachute, etc. Resetting him back to normal triggers the boy to yell, "hurry up!" in a slightly rude tone. Aside from that, very charming game. Seem to be about 25% done after 90minutes, including the side quests challenges fir each of the maps. Might be kinda short..

Sobtanian

Sobtanian

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,975 posts

See I'd turned off notifications long ago too. It was bugging me whenever new stock was in etc!

Like The Sims I'm assuming all my bitizens have died of hunger now!

Ah, you see if you ignore the first alert, it stops sending you any till you go in the game.

So, if I am reading an eBook or whatever on the iPad, I just ignore the first alert and that's it - no more.

Also, the beauty of Tiny Towers is that fact that nothing spoils - your bitizens, your shops, your coins and bux will all be fine.

gavpowell

gavpowell

Grammar Nazi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
I'm currently playing Tropico 4, which I got for the bargain price of 16 quid plus quidco cashback.

To be honest, it's basically Tropico 3 but somewhat simplified, with a few new buildings, slight alterations here and there to the gameplay and almost identical graphics.

It also suffers from the same probem as Anno 1404 - voice actors read the first 3 lines of a character's monologue and you have to read the other 10 lines. It feels shoddy and suggests they couldn't afford to pay anyone to read the rest, which is odd because it's hardly a star cast.

Halrick

Halrick

The Law

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
Tropico hasn't been the same since the first game. I can happily play that for hours on end but the same can't be said about the sequels. There's something almost clinical about the gameplay in that it feels a little too clean cut, whereas the original had a real gritty feeling which, IMO, benefited the whole scenario of the low-quality island paradise. I was hoping Tropico 4 would revert to the classic style ;)

gavpowell

gavpowell

Grammar Nazi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
I never played any before 3, so might give the originals a look.

paulod

paulod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
Picked up Homefront for PS3 last week for a fiver and found the multiplayer surprisingly enjoyable, well worth a look.

Must also be the shortest single player game i've ever played as well.

Woodsmaster

Woodsmaster

My cat smells of cat food

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
The original Deus Ex as I never played it. I'm not very good...

Bald_Beauty

Bald_Beauty

Destroyer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
They're rehashing the Fighting Fantasy books on PSN for PS3 and PSP, for the princely sum of £4. First installment is 'The Talisman of Death' - which was a fucker as a book in the early 80's, and it's a fucker now. You can't even cheat the fighting or go back a step if something hideous happens.

8 hours lost to complete it, and probably more fun than I've had in a while. Won't play it again now - it pissed me off too much when I died. I might get the missus to do it, that'll be REALLY funny to watch.

Sobtanian

Sobtanian

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,975 posts
They've been around for a while for your iPod touch - really fun to "read" :)

EDIT: forgot to mention, I just wish they'd make the Grailquest series for iOS instead - I much preferred them and their sense of humour, particularly the awesome "The Gateway of Doom"

Nige

Medal of Hono(u)r on the PC

Pirates! and Angry Birds on the iPad

Yes, yes, I know I'm a tad out of date, but hey....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users