Welcome to Computers N Stuff
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

DW Minecraft server

• Please log in to reply
1408 replies to this topic

Driver

Driver

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,074 posts
Just to let you know it's all still up and running.*

NEWEST SERVER

Name: Dear Wandy

Address: minecraft.sacredzero.co.uk (Alternatively: 46.32.231.184)

Server Map: Here (courtesy of Dummkopf)

Previous Server Map: Here (likewise)

Post your login name if you wish to join and I'll add you to the whitelist.

Word about the mythical 1.8 update has lead me to consider a wipe of the current server so that we might gain the full benefits of the new content. No action will be taken until after the update has been released and we've all had a chance to play about with it and weigh up the pros and cons. Should we decide to go ahead with a clean slate, I'll be keeping a backup of the old world and I can make it available to anyone should they wish to carry on with it.

*We, not at this very minute. It's currently under DDoS attack, but hopefully that will be sorted shortly.

Edited by Driver, 14 September 2011 - 03:04 PM.

Halrick

Halrick

The Law

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
It seems my idea of creating a large track to a newly generated area will not work afterall.

At 10:45 in:

Q: Will 1.8 be compatible with current worlds?

A: No, sorry. They will work. The worlds will work, but you won't get like the new biomes and stuff.

Gief seed plox!

EDIT: I have another suggestion now. Before you save the seed and make it available we should gather up everyone's items and store them in one place on the seed. That way, anyone wishing to continute using the seed in SP will have a nice collection of items to use should they want them. Just a thought :)

Edited by Halrick, 28 August 2011 - 12:50 PM.

Driver

Driver

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 1,074 posts
Do you have any idea how many chests full of crap I have? :)

Halrick

Halrick

The Law

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Maybe just the good stuff then :)

Driver

Driver

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 1,074 posts
The server rental runs out on the 2nd of September and I'm thinking that I'll just let it go and then start a new rental when 1.8 is released. Currently the rental details are still assigned to Reids and there doesn't seem to be a way I can change that, and since it's been established that the world needs to be wiped in order to gain the full benefit of 1.8 there doesn't seem to be much point in continuing to pay for a server until 1.8 is released.

I'll be doing a backup on the 1st of September and as soon as 1.8 is out I'll be renting a new server. Hopefully that won't be too long.

someguy201

someguy201

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
The server backed up yet? .....Can I burn it? :(

Edited by someguy201, 02 September 2011 - 09:37 AM.

Driver

Driver

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 1,074 posts
Server is running.

I've made and downloaded a backup, so anything that happens between now and the end of today won't be saved.

someguy201

someguy201

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
*runs to drivers town with flint and tinder*

someguy201

someguy201

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
If you didn't want me to burn anything... it may be too late for your lodge.... :(

someguy201

someguy201

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
halrick! you crashed the server :(

Halrick

Halrick

The Law

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
In fairness I warned you right before it happened :(

someguy201

someguy201

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
I was going to go hide bits of tnt in the forest...

someguy201

someguy201

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
IF the server comes back up before it expires - what shall we use my tnt on?

Halrick

Halrick

The Law

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Decisions decisions... I've still got that tower left standing. We also have the option of travelling afar and finding a nice bunch of trees to torch but that may result in further crashing ;)

someguy201

someguy201

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
I think we should be careful what we burn ;) May have just been to much fire still burning to handle the forest as well

Halrick

Halrick

The Law

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
I suspect the server'll be needing a kick from Driver before it's alive and well again.

someguy201

someguy201

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
Halrick for root admin? ;)

Halrick

Halrick

The Law

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Hehe I was about to suggest that we need more hands on deck if the server is to have less downtime. If the other admins can't be tempted back with promises of cake and suchlike I'll happily step up to the plate ;) After all, I'm on a hell of a lot.

someguy201

someguy201

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
Well, you're on all the time - and people actually know who you are (unlike me :( ), so you have my vote ;)

Driver

Driver

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 1,074 posts
I thought that the server would run out at midnight, but it seems to have closed already.

Now it's just a case of waiting till 1.8 is released. Unless anyone can recommend someone better, I'll go with Fragnet again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users