Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DW Minecraft server

1,485 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Just to let you know it's all still up and running.*

NEWEST SERVER

Name: Dear Wandy

Address: minecraft.sacredzero.co.uk (Alternatively: 46.32.231.184)

Server Map: Here (courtesy of Dummkopf)

Previous Server Map: Here (likewise)

Post your login name if you wish to join and I'll add you to the whitelist.

Word about the mythical 1.8 update has lead me to consider a wipe of the current server so that we might gain the full benefits of the new content. No action will be taken until after the update has been released and we've all had a chance to play about with it and weigh up the pros and cons. Should we decide to go ahead with a clean slate, I'll be keeping a backup of the old world and I can make it available to anyone should they wish to carry on with it.

*We, not at this very minute. It's currently under DDoS attack, but hopefully that will be sorted shortly.

Edited by Driver

It seems my idea of creating a large track to a newly generated area will not work afterall.

At 10:45 in:

Q: Will 1.8 be compatible with current worlds?

A: No, sorry. They will work. The worlds will work, but you won't get like the new biomes and stuff.

Gief seed plox!

EDIT: I have another suggestion now. Before you save the seed and make it available we should gather up everyone's items and store them in one place on the seed. That way, anyone wishing to continute using the seed in SP will have a nice collection of items to use should they want them. Just a thought :)

Edited by Halrick

Posted · Report post

Do you have any idea how many chests full of crap I have? :)

Posted · Report post

The server rental runs out on the 2nd of September and I'm thinking that I'll just let it go and then start a new rental when 1.8 is released. Currently the rental details are still assigned to Reids and there doesn't seem to be a way I can change that, and since it's been established that the world needs to be wiped in order to gain the full benefit of 1.8 there doesn't seem to be much point in continuing to pay for a server until 1.8 is released.

I'll be doing a backup on the 1st of September and as soon as 1.8 is out I'll be renting a new server. Hopefully that won't be too long.

The server backed up yet? .....Can I burn it? :(

Edited by someguy201

Posted · Report post

Server is running.

I've made and downloaded a backup, so anything that happens between now and the end of today won't be saved.

Posted · Report post

If you didn't want me to burn anything... it may be too late for your lodge.... :(

Posted · Report post

I was going to go hide bits of tnt in the forest...

Posted · Report post

IF the server comes back up before it expires - what shall we use my tnt on?

Posted · Report post

Decisions decisions... I've still got that tower left standing. We also have the option of travelling afar and finding a nice bunch of trees to torch but that may result in further crashing ;)

Posted · Report post

I think we should be careful what we burn ;) May have just been to much fire still burning to handle the forest as well

Posted · Report post

I suspect the server'll be needing a kick from Driver before it's alive and well again.

Posted · Report post

Hehe I was about to suggest that we need more hands on deck if the server is to have less downtime. If the other admins can't be tempted back with promises of cake and suchlike I'll happily step up to the plate ;) After all, I'm on a hell of a lot.

Posted · Report post

Well, you're on all the time - and people actually know who you are (unlike me :( ), so you have my vote ;)

Posted · Report post

I thought that the server would run out at midnight, but it seems to have closed already.

Now it's just a case of waiting till 1.8 is released. Unless anyone can recommend someone better, I'll go with Fragnet again.

Posted · Report post

Sounds good. According to their site we're able to get a free 10 slot Teamspeak/Mumble server too. Nice touch even if we won't use it much ;)

In the meantime how do we go about getting a copy of the seed?

Posted · Report post

It's 216MB in size, so I'm open to suggestions.

Posted · Report post

Hmmm. Anywhere you could post it online? Alternatively we could just transfer it via MSN/email.

Posted · Report post

Upload it to megaupload/media fire and share the link here?