Search results

1. Nige

What, no coronavirus thread???

Hi burp! Thanks for asking. Recovery is slow but progressing thanks. I have regular catch ups with my GP, ICU Consultant and had a visit with the Respiratory Consultant at th hospital last week. Everything is going in the right direction with the post Covid stuff and I even got on tne list to...
  2. Nige

I am so, so sorry for your loss paulod. It's truly an awful disease and there is no rhyme nor reason as to who gets it and who it takes. I think many people don't realise how devastaring this disease is. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and thank you for sharing your story.
  3. Nige

Yes, more than one doctor has said that my Spin muscles and fitness level saved me from death, or worse. I've been on vitamin D since I came out, due to being completely indoors for such a long time. I saw an interview on the telly with the gym owner from Birmingham, younger than me, who went...
  4. Nige

According to some sources, I'm bang in the demographic group for Covid - men between 45 and 60, but as you say burp it can strike anyone. In some ways I've been lucky and the prognosis is I'll get back to full fitness. I don't think anyone really know who's had it or not, but glad you're...
  5. Nige

Cheers both! It's a bugger for sure, and there's no telling who or how it gets you. There's still so much that's not known about it. For example, there's been a couple of cases here where an 88 year old and a 101 year old have been hospitalised and survived, but younger people have died. For...
  6. Nige

I'm recovering from Covid-19. 33 days in hospital from the 30th March, 18 of those in ICU and most of those on a ventilator. Touch and go for much of the time. I've been out since the 1st May, but have had to 999 back to hospital twice with breathing problems. I was in for 3 days the first...
  7. Nige

New Forum Live

Looks like Bozo Johnson has joined us. Bwah!
  8. Nige

Questions (which-do-not-deserve-their-own-thread) Thread

Yes. I drop in when someone posts, but it's very rare nowadays.
  9. Nige

Nightmare. Avoid London! Loads of other places in tne UK are nicer!
  10. Nige

Yep. London. As I say, I'm not missing it. I had that shit for years. My current job has me driving around Worcestershire. Worst thing so far has been a quite slow lorry and a 10 minute diversion for roadworks.
  11. Nige

Children under 10 should be taken through the bigger gates that they have at every station. Sometimes staff need to open them and you walk through and validate the adult card. Trying to squeeze children through the regular gates can cause injury and is bloody annoying for regular commuters...
  12. Nige

Feedback for new design

YAY! The Devil's in the detail!
  13. Nige

Feedback for new design

I don't get those icons.
  14. Nige

Feedback for new design

No icons next to forum names for me either. On mobile.
  15. Nige

Feedback for new design

Thanks for this Barry! Not too bad so far - My password didn't work when I first signed in so I had to reset it. My log-in doesn't get remembered on an iPad until (oddly) I move to a different page. For me, the blue theme is too dark and the light theme is too light. But apart from that, it's...
  16. Nige

Is your son lilely to be trotting round with the laptop, as opposed to doing homework at home, with it plugged in? If it's the latter then the AMD is still going to be the best option. There looks to be very little in it between the 2 Intel i5 and i3, but the i5 is still in budget! Again...
  17. Nige

On paper the RYZEN 3 will be cheaper and better across most if not all variants. https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i3-7100-vs-AMD-Ryzen-3-2200G/3891vsm441832 Given that my AMD experience is (a) very limited and (b) not very recent I would suggest looking at the other components...
  18. Nige

I believe the profit for the bank comes from defaulters. It won't actually cost them anything overall  because otherwise they wouldn't do it. They may 'lose' if someone pays it off but I should imagine a 'healthy' number of punters will struggle to repay the full amount in the time given. I...
  19. Nige

What pisses you off?

That's just piss poor management.