• You may notice some wonkiness - i'm just integrating the wordpress install and the xenforo install. Things may go funny for a little while or you may get some odd emails here and there as it syncs the accounts.

Android Thread

Sobtanian

Staff member
Aug 18, 2011
I mean, come on. Couldn't you have used the existing iOS thread? We're all friendly in there. Sheesh.

Sobtanian

Staff member
Aug 18, 2011
Which I hope I can tonight, yay me!

Now, back on topic you thread-derailing bastard.

SgtDave

Massive Member
Aug 30, 2011
you do realise in your avatar the chick on the right is fellating mr tumble..

Halrick

The Law
Aug 16, 2011
South Wales
dummkopf said:
*Minecraft (OK it isn't great yet, but it has potential.)
I long for the day when cross-platform play is possible. In the meantime I might get the Pocket Edition just for quick fixes throughout the day ;)

Shogun

Aug 25, 2011
* World of Goo

It is a great physics game that basically sees you getting the little balls of Goo to the pipe to finish the level.

It's also got a small (pointless but still interesting) story and a little humour in it which makes me smirk :)

SuPerNoVi

Supreme Being
Staff member
Aug 23, 2011
Leicestershire
Any of you twitter users use TweetDeck? Well there is an app called TweakDeck which is basically a clone but updated regularly with updates fixes etc... it's very good.

Pooeypants

Citizen Kabuto
Aug 29, 2011
Cambridge
I only use twitter to complain to companies... usually to no avail as the staff are useless but at least it gets their attention.

reids

Sep 7, 2011
Sprinkle: Really fun puzzle game

Plumber: Same as above (but free)

Recommend them both :)

bsoltan

Aug 15, 2011
Anyone know if it is possible to get a different language to display on Android.

It is a stock Orange San Fransisco if that makes a difference. Want to get Farsi to display. Found a keyboard but the text doesn't work properly.

grrrpoop

Yanky Geordie Moderator
Staff member
Aug 25, 2011
bsoltan said:
Anyone know if it is possible to get a different language to display on Android.

It is a stock Orange San Fransisco if that makes a difference. Want to get Farsi to display. Found a keyboard but the text doesn't work properly.
The manual gives brief instructions on changing language settings:

language settings

You can change the language of your phone’s operating system in two simple

steps…

1. Tap [Applications Icon] > Settings > Language & keyboard > Select locale.

2. Select a language from the list given.

..or do you mean a language not directly supported by the phone already?

bsoltan

Aug 15, 2011
Yeah, I don't mean in total for the entire phone, but to be able to read a message if it is sent in a different 'script' I guess it is.

For example an email sent in Farsi will just display as the little squares when a program doesn't recognise the text.

Shogun

Aug 25, 2011
That will be down the specific email app.

Not sure if there is an email app for Android that will allow you to change the char type on the fly. Your best bet would just be to open it on a PC.

I just check the stock app on ICS and it doesn't give you the option.