• You may notice some wonkiness - i'm just integrating the wordpress install and the xenforo install. Things may go funny for a little while or you may get some odd emails here and there as it syncs the accounts.

Feedback for new design

Nige

It is, is it?
Aug 27, 2011
Worcester
Thanks for this Barry!
Not too bad so far - My password didn't work when I first signed in so I had to reset it. My log-in doesn't get remembered on an iPad until (oddly) I move to a different page. For me, the blue theme is too dark and the light theme is too light.
But apart from that, it's gone ok!

Barry

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Could someone post a screenshot of how the homepage looks for them? I'm having an issue that only seems to crop up on my desktop (fine on Mobile) and i want to know if it's just me (there's certain things not loading).

Barry

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
That's how it looks on mine, seems to be an issue on desktop. There should be icons next to the forum names.

Shogun

Aug 25, 2011
2 issues with the icons...

1) the sites been loaded over HTTPS and the images aren't

2) the icons aren't loading because you have a path issue on the back end, It's pointing to :-

https://www.computersnstuff.co.uk/xenforo/styles/uix/cns/cns/icons-read-dark.png

and not

https://www.computersnstuff.co.uk/forum/styles/uix/cns/cns/icons-read-dark.png

I'm not familiar with XenForo so not sure where to point you for the paths (possibly even a DB edit, who knows) but have a search around in the settings and I'm sure something will jump out at you :)

Reactions: Nige

Barry

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
That explains it then, it's obviously from when i've moved it from the test area to the live area!

Reactions: Nige and Shogun

djmagnifique

Aug 21, 2011
Am I missing something or is there no longer a way to go to the first unread post? I only seem to be able to go to the opening post or the most recent one.

Shogun

Aug 25, 2011
If you click the title of the post it will take you to the newest post since you last visot (so long as there is a new post)

The issue is there is no indication of where the new posts are once you go into the categories