• You may notice some wonkiness - i'm just integrating the wordpress install and the xenforo install. Things may go funny for a little while or you may get some odd emails here and there as it syncs the accounts.

Lag on Xbox one using Sky Fibre and wireless

jeremy deagle

Aug 16, 2011
Hi all. I'm new to Xbox gaming. I have an Xbox One connected to Sky Fibre using wireless. The signal strength is always 4 or 5 bars. I've just done a speed test and get the following results:

PING: 18ms

DOWNLOAD: 34.14Mbps

UPLOAD: 9.01Mbps

This can happen when I'm playing and nothing else is using the internet, or it can happen with my daughter is on her Xbox and my other daughter might be on FaceTime. It doesn't seem to make any difference. 

My ping will jump up from an average of about 20 to 30 in Overwatch to 350 periodically and then catch up a few seconds later (by which time I'm dead). It didn't happen on my PS4 or PC  when using them on wireless in the same room in the past. 

Any ideas or suggestions please?

Shogun

Aug 25, 2011
Have you tried a wired connection to rule out if it's the wireless at fault? It could be the wireless card inside the Xbox, or the Sky router

Mine has been playing up recently on my laptop just randomly dropping and reconnecting, but the media PC behind the TV is wired and never has an issue...well apart from Sky being really shit recently! But that's a story for another day :p

Barry

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Is it just Overwatch it happens on? Or does it happen on other games?