• You may notice some wonkiness - i'm just integrating the wordpress install and the xenforo install. Things may go funny for a little while or you may get some odd emails here and there as it syncs the accounts.

Mumble Server Details

Sobtanian

Staff member
Aug 18, 2011
So the Mumble server we've been using for a while has now gone. It was rented by a friend of mine who just shared its details.

We've always thought of getting our own one, so I think now's the time. Who'd be interested in renting a server with me. Obviously you get admin rights, as useless as they are :p

Server Details:

IP: mumble.computersnstuff.co.uk (85.236.101.45)

PORT: 16312

PASS: the name of our old forum (no spaces, small letters).

Last edited by a moderator:

Halrick

The Law
Aug 16, 2011
South Wales
I'm in. We made good use of that server and it's a shame that it's gone. Free VOIP isn't exactly ideal for fight nights so we need a replacement sharpish ^_^

justplainandy

just found the settings...
Aug 24, 2011
If we've paid, we'll probably use it more! Any advantage to mumble over Teamspeak? Not used TS but a lot of people seem to?

Sobtanian

Staff member
Aug 18, 2011
So I was just checking multiplay for prices and found that they had a 50% offer off voicecoms, so I just bought a one year sub for 20 slots, all for a grand total of £14!

Anyone who wants to help towards this please let me know and I'll give you my PayPal address. In the meantime, it's preliminarily setup and working!

IP: 85.236.101.45

PORT: 16312

PASS: the name of our old forum (one word, small letters).

I'll setup channels etc tomorrow.

Barry, could you set something like mumble.computersnstuff.co.uk to point to it? Might be useful.

PS: voicecoms is the main reason I love Friday fight nights! It's so much more fun losing at a game while giggling away with you lot.

Sobtanian

Staff member
Aug 18, 2011
@andy mumble is extremely latency free (makes for synchronised sniper shots ;) ) and sound quality is much better.

justplainandy

just found the settings...
Aug 24, 2011
@andy mumble is extremely latency free (makes for synchronised sniper shots ;) ) and sound quality is much better.
Cool. At that price I'm happy to chip in - we can work out how much if anyone else wants to contribute!

Sobtanian

Staff member
Aug 18, 2011
I've added a few channels: Guild Wars (by popular request), Battlefield, Left 4 Dead, and White Noise.

As you know the channels aren't necessarily unless by some freak accident we get a full sever :p

Just let me know and I'll add/remove more.

I've also got the following people confirmed to pay:

al4omega

justplainandy (much nicer handle btw :p )

Frozenluffy

Thorz

Nige

Halrick

That's seven of us including me, meaning a massive £2 each. If everyone else is happy, I don't think we need more money contributions? Once we've agreed I'll send you my PayPal address.

Sobtanian

Staff member
Aug 18, 2011
Everyone else wanting to chip in: thank you but we're only paying £2 each so you can contribute next year :)

Could those people paying please PayPal me (ali UNDERSCORE sob AT hotmail DOT com)

ta.