• You may notice some wonkiness - i'm just integrating the wordpress install and the xenforo install. Things may go funny for a little while or you may get some odd emails here and there as it syncs the accounts.

Player Unknowns Battlegrounds

SgtDave

Massive Member
Aug 30, 2011
Bought it , downloaded it, first battle i was picking up a gun and someone crept up and punched me twice killing me! I need more goes but i enjoyed the beta. The blue circle moves a bit quick and you can get caught out by it easily. Enjoying it

Barry

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
I’ve been on the fence about getting it, but probably will be buying it soon. Would be good for a fight night!

Shogun

Aug 25, 2011
I've been watching StoneMountain64's videos of him playing PUBG and it looks like a lot of fun! But I don't think I can afford it :(

Nige

It is, is it?
Aug 27, 2011
Worcester
I've been watching Stodeh on Twitch playing this.

It looks fantastic, but

(a) I still have a huge list of unplayed games and

(b) Refer to my post on BF1 and why I've not played that for months, despite paying for Premium

(tldr: I'm a casual gamer, Many online games are populated by boys whose sole job is to play said games, therefore playing those games is boring for the likes of me).

Last edited by a moderator:

bsoltan

Aug 15, 2011
I was the same, but as I'm off work this week and haven't gone away thought I'd treat myself.

It is really addictive. First impressions are pretty good for an Early Access. You can get a game quickly and the server performance is fast.

paulod

Aug 29, 2011
Newcastle
I've been watching Stodeh on Twitch playing this.

It looks fantastic, but

(a) I still have a huge list of unplayed games and

(b) Refer to my post on BF1 and why I've not played that for months, despite paying for Premium

(tldr: I'm a casual gamer, Many online games are populated by boys whose sole job is to play said games, therefore playing those games is boring for the likes of me).
I've thought about picking this up but currently ploughing through Ghost Recon Wildlands so don't have the spare time atm.

In response to your BF1 comment the new night maps do away with two of your biggest annoyances, snipers and planes, so worth giving it a revisit. (Snipers are still present but night map and trenches make them far less annoying/prevalent)

Reactions: Nige

Nige

It is, is it?
Aug 27, 2011
Worcester
Cheers for the heads up on BF1.

I've been working my way through Wolfenstein New Order and Old Blood (both are so much fun!) for a while, but will have another look at BF1 soon!

Barry

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Got this today. Ended up in the top 15 on my first match. Did much better than i thought. Only got 3 kills though :(

bsoltan

Aug 15, 2011
It can be quite easy to get near to the top 20 or so if you hide out somewhere quiet and make your way to the circles slowly. :D

We'll have to try and play a squad game in a few weeks. I'm away until mid-Sept.

burp

Whoop Whoop
Aug 20, 2011
I've sunk over 100 hours into this, mainly due to being out of work since it came out. So if anyone is up for a game, just add me on steam.

You don't want to worry about only getting 3 kills Barry, I rarely get more than that. It's a survival game and taking on everyone you see is a bad idea. I try to only engage other players if I'm at an advantage or have no choice. I've only won two games with a mate and can't get past my record of 3rd in single player, so don't equate 100 hours into meaning I'm any good :p  I do finish top 10 on a regular basis though. Not always from hiding, honest.

SgtDave

Massive Member
Aug 30, 2011
I have hardly played it since i first got it as mostly everytime i go to play it, it needs updating! And the other reason is i always seem to pick a landing point that is then furthest point from the first circle! 

burp

Whoop Whoop
Aug 20, 2011
It's still in early access so it updates every Thursday, with one big update a month. Just make sure you log into steam on Thursday/Friday for it to update and you'll be good to play on other days without waiting.

As for landing miles from the circle, get running early or jump in a vehicle. Shouldn't ever cause any problems, in fact it's often more fun as it forces some tension into the game.. 

Shogun

Aug 25, 2011
I'm so tempted to get this game, but I'm about to sink a lot of money into another game soon so can't afford now  :wacko:

bsoltan

Aug 15, 2011
Does anyone want to play some two/three/four team games this weekend?