• You may notice some wonkiness - i'm just integrating the wordpress install and the xenforo install. Things may go funny for a little while or you may get some odd emails here and there as it syncs the accounts.

Questions (which-do-not-deserve-their-own-thread) Thread

paulod

Aug 29, 2011
Newcastle
I've been in construction all my life so I'm fully aware of the problems with new builds :) . I've gone from civils to commercial and now actually doing executive (expensive!) housing development myself in partnership with an ex colleague of mine, only problem is there aren't any plots of land available in the area we want to be or I'd just build my own - that's still my goal once the kids move out and we aren't as tied to the same area as we are at present.

One of the things about the site I mentioned is I know the NHBC inspector who is monitoring the site really well and he's notorious throughout the north east for being an absolute stickler (foof!). So at least I know the quality will be there on the shell, finishes aren't really NHBC problem and they are easy put right, the site manager will hate me if everything isn't perfect as I've probably been in the game longer than him :)

Nice to see the foof monitor still working 

burp

Whoop Whoop
Aug 20, 2011
anybody else feel that earthquake? My computer chair shook from side to side, I thought the building was about to collapse, scared the shit out of me  :lol:

Nige

It is, is it?
Aug 27, 2011
Worcester
anybody else feel that earthquake? My computer chair shook from side to side, I thought the building was about to collapse, scared the shit out of me  :lol:
I thought that was the rumble feature of your new computer kit? ;)

Reactions: burp

Halrick

The Law
Aug 16, 2011
South Wales
I immediately turned to Twitter thinking some sort of explosion had occurred in the local area but came up empty. A few minutes of theorising about neighbours slamming doors later and the reports started coming in. Very bizarre!

Nige

It is, is it?
Aug 27, 2011
Worcester
I only recently finished 3, and have 4 on my list of shame.

I'll probably wait until it's on sale for a fiver.

burp

Whoop Whoop
Aug 20, 2011
I was well happy to see the pre-load as it takes me a day to download games on my shitty internet.

About to dive in now...first game I've really been looking forward to for a long time.

burp

Whoop Whoop
Aug 20, 2011
I'm not the sort to have 7 hour gaming marathons so it'll take me ages to finish it.

I like it so far, some of the missions are so long and multi-stage that it's hard to dip in for a quick game as you don't know how long you'll be in a mission.

As with the other FC games, I love clearing out outposts more than anything else in the game.

It may have new ways of doing things, like coming across missions/outposts etc by exploring or getting told about them by NPC's, rather than unlocking a bunch by climbing towers, but it's essentially the same game as the others. If you liked them you'll probably like this, if you didn't, nothing's going to change your mind here.

I'm finding it quite hard too, even on medium, but I'm no gaming pro. It's a good level of difficulty that's not enough to get frustrating but enough to make me punch the air after completing something after a few failed attempts.

How's everyone else finding it? Or how are you finding it Barry, if we're the only two have bought it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nige

Barry

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
How's everyone else finding it? Or how are you finding it Barry, if we're the only two have bought it!
Only really done the first couple of missions and got off the tiny island at the start, haven't been well so not had much time to put into it (plus i've been trying to get the Corsair integration working properly).

Johnn88uk

Mar 11, 2013
Nottinghamshire
Popped into PC World to pick up an SSD over Easter (yes, I know, but I wanted it NOW).

£20 dearer than EBuyer but I got a free Far Cry 5 download code!

Downloaded it but not started it yet.

BR
JN

djmagnifique

Aug 21, 2011
So my kids (11 and 8) have decided they want to try playing a D&D style game where you sit around a table for several hours.  They have quite short attention spans so does anyone know of a really simple version they can try that has a rule book that isn't massive?  I used to play a bit back in the mid 90's but I can't find any of my stuff from back then.

Cheers.

djmagnifique

Aug 21, 2011
Got a new phone (Sony xz1 compact) and it uses a usb c cable for charging and data transfer.  I need to get a couple of extra cables for spares and to use in the car and was wondering if all usb c cables are the same or do I need a certain type.  Cheers.

Nige

It is, is it?
Aug 27, 2011
Worcester
Got a new phone (Sony xz1 compact) and it uses a usb c cable for charging and data transfer.  I need to get a couple of extra cables for spares and to use in the car and was wondering if all usb c cables are the same or do I need a certain type.  Cheers.
In my experience they're all the same, but apparently there can be usb charge only variants:

https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/140225/how-can-i-tell-charge-only-usb-cables-from-usb-data-cables

However I don't think I've ever had any issues with using the 'wrong' type of cable.

The only issue for me is price - I recently needed a usb cable for my phone during a work trip to Glasgow.

£11 in the airport.

£9 in WH Smith

£7 in Dixons (or similar)

£1 in Poundland

One can look up here for a ‘certified'  cable that should do both: http://www.usb.org/home