• You may notice some wonkiness - i'm just integrating the wordpress install and the xenforo install. Things may go funny for a little while or you may get some odd emails here and there as it syncs the accounts.

Site Downtime

Barry

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
All,

There will be some downtime of possibly a couple of days as i move the site over to a new server. The move will happen over the next week or so and i'll keep you all informed here priror to the move and via my and the site twitter.

Hopefully it won't cause much disruption, but upon completion we should have a much speedier server.

Barry

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Im going to bring forward the downtime to Thursday/Friday. The forum will go into Maintenance mode when it starts and i'll put updates via Twitter (@computersnstuff) to keep you informed. I'm assured it won't take too long and will be very minimal, but you never know with these things.

Barry

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Site will go into maintainance mode tomorrow night (approx 8pm). Transfer to new hosting expected to be complete with site back up by Friday evening.

Last edited by a moderator:

Barry

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
I've decided to leave the forum online during the move but i am taking periodic backups of the database, once the move has happened the forum will be down for a short time to import the database.