• You may notice some wonkiness - i'm just integrating the wordpress install and the xenforo install. Things may go funny for a little while or you may get some odd emails here and there as it syncs the accounts.

What Do You Collect?

burp

Whoop Whoop
Aug 20, 2011
With pics if possible. I'll add some later.

If you collect toenails, the teeth of people you've killed or the hair of woman you've conquered I really don't wanna know.

Nige

It is, is it?
Aug 27, 2011
Worcester
Bond novels.

I have all the Flemings in paperback and hardback, including some first editons. All the novels published after Fleming, including Colonel Sun, the two recent ones and the Moneypenny spin offs.

I don't bother with the young Bond series.

I collect related books too, such as Fleming's Thrilling Cities.

tbh I don't buy them very often nowadays unless I discover a really special or interesting edition.

Lovejoy novels by Jonathan Gash

I have them all now, but a mixture of paperback and hardback. I only pick up hardbacks if I see them. I have one signed to me from the author ( a mate worked in publishing and met him ) .

Falco novels of Lindsey Davis. She's finished writing them, so collection complete!

The Fandorin novels of Boris Akunin. Ongoing...

Bond-related ephemera too. I have the Tarot pack that appeared in Live and Let Die (commercial spin off, not the actual prop), and various DVD and Blu-Ray versions of the films. I grab anything that's on the radio too.

I have a fondness for glasses too. Branded, cocktail, lager, pilsner, burgundy,brandy. That collection tends to wax and wane with breakages, because they are used as maker intended not stuck in a cabinet.

And PC games, obviously.

madwedge

Legend
Aug 24, 2011
Essex
Star Wars books. Have got pretty much every book written for the timeline after Return of the Jedi.

Love them!

burp

Whoop Whoop
Aug 20, 2011
A combination of my photography and display figure collection hobbies...

Hot Toys Batman DX (Michael Keaton)

Hot Toys Jack Sparrow DX

Batman Kotobukiya Artfx Statue: Black Costume

Should have the Hot Toys Jack Nicholson Joker on Monday and then several others pre-ordered over the coming months.

ThorZ

Monsters dont sleep under your bed, they sleep ins
Oct 10, 2011
London
Just started collecting whiskey bottles, I'll post the collection up when I can. Im always on the look out for cool looking boxes and bottles. I also collected GK gloves before I got injured.

Loving the batman pics!

bsoltan

Aug 15, 2011
Oh god, now there is another website I want to buy things from. Thanks burp.

First ever collection was keyrings. Everywhere I went keyring souvenir! When I realised I was just spending £4 to put a thing in a box I stopped.

I guess one of my proper collections is things from a band I like. stellastarr*.

While they don't have a huge back catalogue [3 albums] I searched the internet for as much as I could get my hands on, from promo CDs, international copies, vinyl singles and their vinyl album, I got the bumper edition of their latest album shipped from America and I have two full size posters and signed tickets in addition to a broken drumstick from the third time I saw them live. Unfortunately it is mostly at my parents at the moment for pics..

I also went on to try and collect the back catalogues of Black Box Recorder and Muse, the first again isn't very big and there isn't much available and the second I stopped after buying some CD that I'll never play for a few quid. William Orbit was also the other one and I have the CD albums and a few vinyls but put off buying more when I started Uni.

I've increased my collection of Guild Wars 'stuff', started from the first game and continues to the second. Games, boxes, books, art, lanyards, tshirts. In-game I'm happy to put money into the DLC and extra pay-for content. I'll get a picture of most of it up at some point.

I seem to be buying an increasing number of bottles of whisky, mostly single malts. Much quicker than I'm drinking them, I fancy myself building a collection but buying from supermarkets isn't the best source. Plus it is expensive. Pictures could be provided.

I'm trying to work out if I can afford to start a LEGO habit or even have enough space to store/display it.

Can I use the 447 games in my Steam account? [This one is carried over from the addiction thread].

edit: I actually do have a box of teeth somewhere, but they're mine...

Last edited by a moderator:

Driver

Staff member
Aug 20, 2011
I have a growing collection of games, proper boxed ones too, not that downloaded from steam rubbish. Last count I had somewhere in the region of 470 PC games + however many console ones (Harder to count as they're in boxes while I redecorate my living room). My house is not large by any standards and coupled with my growing library I'm finding it rather cramped (Hence the redecoration, I'm currently converting entire walls into shelves).

I would post pictures, but I'm currently hunting the charger for my camera. Probably in one of those boxes with the vidya games...

bsoltan

Aug 15, 2011
That is awesome mus422. I really like art that is kind of classical in a way but also has another aspect. Like you'd only know this was Kill Bill if you'd seen it, to anyone that hasn't it is just a Japanese lady with a sword.

What else is in your collection?

Halrick

The Law
Aug 16, 2011
South Wales
I got a few of my Lord of the Rings figures down from the loft over the weekend and took some pictures, but I'll wait for a few days and post them here along with snaps of some rather nice new merchandise that I'm expecting :D

mus422

Sep 1, 2011
Amsterdam
36 x 24 Inch = 91.44cm x 60.96cm - for the prints above, which is the most common size I think

18 x 24 Inch = 45.72cm x 60.96cm - is the other common size.

Framing can be tricky but I've been using Ikea frames to keep costs down.

Halrick

The Law
Aug 16, 2011
South Wales
As promised:

These are the largest figures in my collection. The Mumakil is by far the most expensive at £50 - I had to save my pocket money for quite some time to afford it! I bought it towards the end of my fascination with the Games Workshop collection and never got around to painting the base, but I'm still pleased with how the rest of it turned out. The Fell Beast, meanwhile, has taken a bit of a battering up in the loft over the years, most likely as a result of the yearly battle to locate Christmas decorations. Prior to taking the photo I had to secure one of the wings back on (hence the gaping hole between it and the torso) and was unable to locate the missing foot. The Witch-king is in amongst the smaller figures somewhere...

This is a small portion of my collection of smaller figures. As I mentioned in the other thread, they're all stored in these little plastic drawers and there were far too many for me to get down from the loft. Still, as you can see, there are a hefty number of them in these fifteen and there are somewhere between fifty and sixty in total. So yeah, lots of figures :p I've also got a few hand-built small scale replicas of Helm's Deep and Moria constructed out of balsa wood which I'm extremely proud of but they're were way too large for me to bring down in one piece.

Next up, the pewter figures. I decided against digging them all out because they're securely packed away but I kept this one of Faramir out on display as it's by far my favourite. I've always loved the detail of the White Tree.

Now onto the things that arrived today :)

After much deliberation, I splurged on this fine pair of knives which will be featuring in the upcoming Hobbit trilogy. They were around £80, so not cheap, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to own some limited edition weapons from Weta. Unlike the prop replicas from the Lord of the Rings trilogy, these are made of "high impact urethane" rather than metal, precisely the same material as those used in filming. This concerned me at first because £80 for what is essentially plastic seemed like a rip-off, but they're actually surprisingly weighty and wonderfully detailed. The wall mount is fantastic, too.

Continued below because I've hit the picture limit :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:

Halrick

The Law
Aug 16, 2011
South Wales

Finally, I saw an announcement about this new hardback edition of the Hobbit last week and, well, insta-bought!

That's all for now :)

Reactions: Nige