• You may notice some wonkiness - i'm just integrating the wordpress install and the xenforo install. Things may go funny for a little while or you may get some odd emails here and there as it syncs the accounts.

What Do You Collect?

Surfdude

Aug 27, 2011
London
Here's mine (or a blurry phone cam approximation of it):

I had to stop actively collecting them, though. That's how I ended up with Green Lantern in my collection! :eek:

I know Mad Max isn't a Steelbook but the petrol can thing is cool so I stuck it on the end there. :)

Reactions: mus422

burp

Whoop Whoop
Aug 20, 2011
This year has seen a rush of pre-ordered statues turning up and I'm pretty much now done. A few little additions to the display cabinets and everything now feels complete.

I know I'm going to buy more stuff eventually but for now it feels complete anyway.

SgtDave

Massive Member
Aug 30, 2011
Aye, i'm not personally into statues or comics per se, but you have created a great display there burp.

Shogun

Aug 25, 2011
Excellent collection and very well displayed! I think i'd shit myself with the Batman bust on the desk if i was walking in when it was dark though!

I'd love to start a collection, but i just can't justify anything like this at the moment :(  How much (roughly) did it all cost you, if you don't mind me asking?

Gotta wait for my man cave then i suppose :)

Last edited by a moderator:

burp

Whoop Whoop
Aug 20, 2011
 How much (roughly) did it all cost you, if you don't mind me asking?

Gotta wait for my man cave then i suppose :)
I've always ignored this question and not bothered working it out because I knew it would scare the shit out of me. But as you asked I did a quick calculation and, it was more than I thought  :eek:   :mellow: I'm lucky to be in a place where I can afford to spend money on stuff like this and none of it has lost any value (a lot of pieces are now going for more as they're all one off limited editions) so it's an investment right? It doesn't depreciate like a car.

Anyway, I just tried to justify my expenditure and didn't actually answer your question. Umm, a lot  ;)

And as for waiting for the man cave, I couldn't afford this until I was over 40 so there's plenty of time.

Reactions: Shogun

Shogun

Aug 25, 2011
So yeah I've got another 12/13 years to wait for my collections then! I estimate 5/6 years until i actually get a man cave in the new house, then another 2 years before i can afford to put anything in it, these kids are sucking me dry!

I have a rough idea of how much it would cost so it's not a problem, i'll take 'a lot' as a good answer :p

burp

Whoop Whoop
Aug 20, 2011
Ah you have kids, sorry but you if you have those you can't have a man cave, there's only enough  money for one or the other.

And you have kids! PLURAL!!!

Sorry man, your life's over. And as I'm in my 40's, single, typing this in a room full of comic book statues, mine probaly is as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

burp

Whoop Whoop
Aug 20, 2011
The fact that I discussed them bsoltan 5 posts back didn't give that away :p

burp

Whoop Whoop
Aug 20, 2011
First day of SDCC and already my wallet is crying, seen some statues that I have to own. But nothing I've seen is more impressive than this.

OH MY GOD!!!

burp

Whoop Whoop
Aug 20, 2011
No just display, look at the size of it, it's probably got over 100,000 pieces.

gavpowell

Suits you
Sep 3, 2011
Well yeah, I didn't imagine it would be cheap! I've been looking at Lego Tower Bridge for years but I can't justify 200 quid for it and it never gets any cheaper.