• You may notice some wonkiness - i'm just integrating the wordpress install and the xenforo install. Things may go funny for a little while or you may get some odd emails here and there as it syncs the accounts.

What Do You Collect?

burp

Whoop Whoop
Aug 20, 2011
Yeah mate, seen these already. I'll definitely get Harley but don't have room for the whole squad. I'm currently waiting to see if a UK supplier is getting the new Prime 1 Harley, it's 1/3rd scale so pretty massive at 29 inches high and I have no room for it, and it will cost about A GRAND!!! But I don't think I can resist it, because it's fucking awesome, got to be the best prototype I've ever seen. I've got stuff to sell that will raise the funds so I've pretty much convinced myself I can afford it as a one off.

If no UK supplier is getting it I'll pass though, can't be arsed with ordering in from the US and all the hassle that goes with it.

SuPerNoVi

Supreme Being
Staff member
Aug 23, 2011
Leicestershire
I may have spent more on this than I care to admit but it's BLOODY BEAUTIFUL! AND HUUUUUUUUUGE!

Nice, I really want to buy that, I absolutely adore Overwatch and D.Va is one of the stand out characters for sure.

I got the Limited Edition Artbook for my birthday and have the prints proudly on display in my office.

burp

Whoop Whoop
Aug 20, 2011
I'm assuming that's a life-size piece? No idea what it's from so give us some more details. How do you display something like that?

Yeah, the statues are cool. I should probably do a final update pic of my collection. As I said in the reviews thread I've sold off most of my Hot Toys figures so I've just got one wall of Marvel and DC statues left and no more room. I'm priced out of the hobby now anyway, the statues I bought for £270-£340 are all now £500-£550. It's just too much.

If anyone is interested in any that I've previously posted pics of let me know as I'm still selling off those I no longer want to keep, including the Darth Vader statue.

Halrick

The Law
Aug 16, 2011
South Wales
I'm assuming that's a life-size piece? No idea what it's from so give us some more details. How do you display something like that?
Yup, it's a full size replica of the High Elven Warrior Sword from Lord of the Rings, specifically the bit in the prologue where the elves do the cool swishy thing.

All United Cutlery replicas come with wall plaques. Most hang the swords vertically but this is one of a few that rest horizontally on a bracket. Mine are all boxed up since I'm renting and don't want to run the risk of tearing chunks out of the walls. They still need a polish every so often to prevent any tarnishing to the steel so I still get to appreciate them. Hopefully one day I'll have a sturdy wall of my own to rip apart.

I know what you mean about the price hike. Weta statues used to be £150-£250 but nowadays they're £250-£450 with larger edition sizes. They've also started producing bigger statues, still in 1:6 but with mounted characters and they're pushing the £800 mark. Resale values are astronomical so it can be a great investment but getting into the hobby is insanely difficult.

Reactions: burp

Halrick

The Law
Aug 16, 2011
South Wales

If only I'd stuck to my guns and ignored 1@Sobtanian[/USER]'s recommendation of the damn game...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: burp

burp

Whoop Whoop
Aug 20, 2011
Nice mate.

You know you're a collector when you look at the picture and the first thing you think is oh!, a Detolf and a Fabrikor.

Halrick

The Law
Aug 16, 2011
South Wales
Ha, too true! There's very little choice out there unless you're willing to pay crazy money, though I saw some pretty good double Detolf mods online. If IKEA released official versions I'd get one in a heartbeat.