• You may notice some wonkiness - i'm just integrating the wordpress install and the xenforo install. Things may go funny for a little while or you may get some odd emails here and there as it syncs the accounts.

What doesn't piss you off?

Nige

It is, is it?
Aug 27, 2011
Worcester
Jesus, I've a couple of Tags and they were enough for me, those you linked are a whole different level  :eek:
As Yoda may have said:

sense people have more some than money.

Each to his own, but I've always been mystified by the  adulation of all things Swiss. IMHO, it mostly about clever marketing which builds a sense of exclusivity. Together with the big price, of course - it's so dear it must be good!

I mean;  Toblerone? - doggy chocolate only sold at airports (at a premium), Cuckoo Clocks? , Snotty cheese?,  A red penknife?, A pervading sense of moral superiority born primarily of a twisted and insular self-delusion that hording gold for the Nazis and keeping schtum about the ill-gotten gains of countless other genocidal murderers and gangsters somehow constitutes 'neutrality'?

Meh.

djmagnifique

Aug 21, 2011
After several months of trying to fix pictures not being displayed in Outlook (just been getting a red x) I have finally found a solution that works for me.  All I had to do was go into Control Panel>Internet Options>Advanced and uncheck 'Do not save encrypted pages to disk'

mus422

Sep 1, 2011
Amsterdam
After several months of trying to fix pictures not being displayed in Outlook (just been getting a red x) I have finally found a solution that works for me.  All I had to do was go into Control Panel>Internet Options>Advanced and uncheck 'Do not save encrypted pages to disk'
Obvious init 

culps

Aug 25, 2011
London
Ordering my Motherboard / CPU / Ram upgrade.

Went for a Ryzen 1600 / MSI X370 Krakit and 16gb of DDR 3200 Ram.

culps

Aug 25, 2011
London
Not had a problem with MSI myself, my current board is an MSI one and it's been trouble free since I bought it a few years ago. The only motherboard I have had go on me was an Asus one.

paulod

Aug 29, 2011
Newcastle
Black Friday PS4 deals :)

Picked up GT Sport for £18 and Uncharted Lost Legacy for around £13 plus BF1 Premium for £12.

Some fantastic deals around today

Reactions: Nige

Nige

It is, is it?
Aug 27, 2011
Worcester
Black Friday PS4 deals :)

Picked up GT Sport for £18 and Uncharted Lost Legacy for around £13 plus BF1 Premium for £12.

Some fantastic deals around today
In other news, I was working from home yesterday, and my VirginMedia poxy broadband and telly  went down at 11:00 am for the rest of the day.

A black Friday indeed. :(

Reactions: paulod and mus422

djmagnifique

Aug 21, 2011
Watching Channel 4's 'The Last Leg' from last night and they mention 'Mulletfest' that is held in Australia.  The wife points out that the town of 'Kurri Kurri' where Mulletfest' is held in is also the town where her Australian relatives live.

Nige

It is, is it?
Aug 27, 2011
Worcester
Exchanged on our house sale yesterday.

Our purchase fell through, but at the last minute we found a great rental to tide us over.

Moving date fixed for 3rd April. Broadband installation 10th April.

There are 3 great pubs within easy walking distance of the new place.

After 30 years and 6 months in London, we're relocating to the spiritual home of Bertie!

Reactions: paulod and burp

djmagnifique

Aug 21, 2011
For the last few days when i've been on the pc i've been hearing a random clicking, not the click of death but something a bit more random.  After a few days of moving stuff off the desk, checking the chair and cleaning the mouse it turns out that their is a crack in the surface of the mouse mat i'm using just where my wrist sits.  I guess it's time to say goodbye to my Buffy the Vampire Slayer mouse mat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nige

Barry

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Getting my sons report from school today and seeing a massive improvement in the last couple of months.

Seems to be as a result of me getting more 1to1 time with him.

Reactions: paulod and Nige