Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
madwedge

Elite: Dangerous

420 posts in this topic

I originally went with Edmund - without any real basis other than he was near the top but needed some help. Then I realised he is mainly trading based, so have jumped ship and defected to Arissa Lavigny-Duval for a more combat centered experience. I am now apparently going to be persued by the old faction for a day as a result of my actions.

There was a "Season pass" for all future expansions which cost about £140, I shit you not!! 

I will be getting Horizons though, although I haven't touched the game since I moved house beginning of June! 

I need me some of that planetary landings though!! 

Bought Horizons yesterday, so I'll be around. Hoping they'll make multiplayer content (co-op missions) more of a reality.

They are. Latest newsletter said you'll be able to fill crew slot on bigger ships for co-op fun. Also they're bringing a "Commander Creator". A tool to create your character in the game. 

cptwhite likes this

We need to get a proper fecking crew sorted then!  Vocie comms and all that jazz.

More importantly, someone rich enough in game to afford a big ship with multiple crew positions! haha

Up until then it'll prob be a Cobra MKIII Pilot / Co-Pilot job!

Well I have Vulture that's reasonably spec'd.    Probably 25 million in assets I think.  TBH I've been playing CQC the last few weeks, really enjoying it in short bursts (it's COD in elite ships)

I still have my Vulture. I can't remember how many credits I have in the bank. As I say I haven't touched the game in about 3 months. I'll have to try and find some time to play in between working, sleeping and looking after the baby! lol

Nah mines 4 years old and the baby is 11 months, it does get easier, you just sort of make time to play.

But i'm all over it now, got about 3 mill credits and 15/20 mill in assets. I've got time now this week during the day (working nights) to throw a lot of hours at it and some serious trading to get a Python or Conda :)

I've also just splashed out on a Corsair H2100 gaming headset so i'll all geared up now :P

madwedge likes this

Unfortunately i'm working nights otherwise it would have been a yes for every night as i'm working away too and have a hotel room to myself...hence it gets easier with the kids :P

I'll be back at some point next week i hope on days, but knowing my luck i'll be on night forever and a day!

Well last week one a complete shambles! Thought i was working away all week and it got canceled, so not been able to play at all :( but i've also been too ill to play which is also nice :/

But starting to play again tonight, changed Factions as well to Arissa Lavigny-Duval as she is all about the Combat!

Anyone installed any shader mods? I've just installed EDFX and it makes the graphics so much better, 8k planet textures/4k galaxy background textures and a whole load of improvements, it's worth a look for free :)

Info - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccbPLy-VMxg

Install - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXySIzfVrb4

madwedge and cptwhite like this

Anybody playing Horizons yet? Is it worth getting now or waiting for a sale?

Just got my laptop back and ED downloaded ready to start playing after i finish Mass Effect 2 (85% through it now), might even start playing in Open Play just to mix it up a little :P

Oh, i need to wait for my replacment mouse to turn up as well, but that should be here any time this week :)

I haven't touched ED since July (before I moved house) just haven't had the time. This makes me sad! :(

On 29/12/2015 at 0:00 PM, Shogun said:

after i finish Mass Effect 2 (85% through it now)

I actually 100% this game!  Literally scanned every single planet I could!

Just finished ME2 now and starting ME3, never got around to playing the 3rd one but it's good so far, combats and movement is improvements over the last 2.

Popped onto ED the other night for like 20 mins and racked up a cool £1.5mill in my tiny fighter which was very nice :P

Reading the user reviews on Horizons says it might as well still be in Beta with what content is actually available atm. Supposedly they haven't included have of what people thought there would be. They must have just bitten of more than they could chew and promised too much, i don't know,

I'm still playing where I can - managed to buy an Imperial Clipper, then a Python :D

I have Horizons and to be honest I couldn't honestly recommend it at present.  Yes it's cool to land on a planet but there's little to actually warrant going there.  They haven't even given a definitive timeline of what they intend to release over the next year, just suggestions soft and hard of what we are likely to see.

Elite continues to be a great framework for a great space game, but the meat and potatoes of that experience need fleshing out.  Horizons at present is just more framework that needs building upon. 

Shogun likes this