Sign in to follow this  
madwedge

Survarium

Possibly a modern incarnation of S.T.A.L.K.E.R with a pinch of DayZ? Sounds interesting anyway. I've got huge amounts of fond memories of STALKER. Was a truely excellent game. I took the stealthy, one shot to the head, approach to dispatching enemies. I remember I found this awesome gun and later various attachments including a great scope. Of course the openness with the ability to go where I want, when I want.

I've never given DayZ a chance as all I've ever read about it is how broken and buggy it is. Is it actually stil in Alpha stage? It's been, what, 3 years?? Molynuex?!

I'll def be keeping an eye on this though.

Survarium's Freeplay mode is something us S.T.A.L.K.E.R fans have been looking forward to for a veeeery long time. Long-teased for the in-development, free-to-play multiplayer shooter, it's a mode that plonks players in a big irradiated map home to mutants and loot and—stop me if you've heard this one before. Now, a few more details have finally come to light—and It's sounding like a mix between Stalker and DayZ.

http://www.pcgamer.com/survariums-promising-freeplay-mode-detailed/

surv2.jpg

I downloaded this over the weekend, it was rather enjoyable tbh. It seems to be more of an old school shooter whereby you have an equal chance against someone who has racked up hours of gameplay as opposed to lots of modern day shooters were as a new player you get raped by players who have got tonnes of attachments and guns and enhanced skills...

though again not sure if thats just a beta thing