Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tom_cairns

Xbox Live and EA servers dropout

Question

One son has an Xbox One the other a 360. Both have played Fifa 15 for months happily.  Recently the 360 son cannot access the EA servers for love nor money.  I phoned Ea and they said that sometimes there is conflict for the router which causes this problem and to set up a static IP address and sent em a simple guide on how to do so. It didn't work.  I contacted BT and they said only dynamic IP addresses available for residential Broadband.

Any ideas what to do next?

Tom

2 answers to this question

I don't think EA and BT are talking about the same type of addresses. There's an IP address that identifies your internet connection, which will be dynamic unless you specifically pay for a static one, and local addresses assigned to the various devices on your network by the router.

You should be able to have your router assign a specific IP address to a device every time it connects. If your router is similar to mine (I'm also with BT) you need to log into the router by typing its IP address into a web browser (mine is 192.168.1.254, which was the default address), go to Advanced Settings>Home Network, then click on the device in question and change "Always use this IP Address" to Yes.