Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
madwedge

DirectX 12

7 posts in this topic

I watched this earlier, I'll always be sceptical about these DX videos ever since that infamous Crysis one which ended up nothing like the tech demo video.

Looks good though.

I recall the DX11 video showing all the tessellation effects. So far I have used Dx11 precisely never, and can't see any difference between 9 and 10. That being said, so few new games actually interest me, so I'm not likely to give a shit once Witcher 3 is out the way.

Is it just me or does that not really impress much?

It just doesn't give me the wow factor i was expecting, probably because it's a video from a conference with some douche playing around. I'll wait for some more material to surface before i make up my mind :)

To be fair, in hindsight, it's just Square Enix's Tech Demo for Final Fantasy XV using DirectX 12. It's not a video showcasing full DirectX 12 capabilities I guess.

Ah fair enough. Just read this though:

The presenter was able to run through the scene manually and adjust various settings like lighting on-the-fly. We’re told that there are over 63 million polygons per scene which is roughly six to 12 times more than is possible in DirectX 11. Perhaps most impressive is the hair as every single strand is being rendered in real-time.