Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gavpowell

Any Old Iron?

Question

Because gaming PCs seem to be coming back into fashion among my customers, I find myself in need of some older hardware. 

Previously I've done deals with Sobtanian when he's decided to make yet another ludicrous upgrade, and have bought his "old" stuff at about 20% less than ebay average. Alas, he seems to have dried up for the moment, leaving me with no real sources of kit.

So I thought I'd start a thread in which we could all list any hardware we have lying unused(well not me, because it'd take weeks to list all the tat I've got lying around,  but nothing better than an i3 2320 or similar.)

So, anyone got anything? a graphics card maybe, or a cpu? Similarly, is there anything anyone is looking for?

8 answers to this question

As before, I'm still looking for an 1155 board, but it's to build a very cheap Starcraft 2 machine for someone, so if anyone has any kit at all lying around that might do the job, let me know.

I've got my old Sandy Bridge machine lying around, thinking of converting it into something for the kids to use, but haven't decided yet (and not sure if i've the space for it), if i don't end up doing something with it you can have the lot.

Well I only have about a week before the customer wants the machine, so if you're still mulling, I'll have to go to ebay. Otherwise let me know and I'll happily give you 100 quid plus postage sight-unseen!

I've got a Intel Core2duo E8400 on a Gigabyte EP43-UD3L (I think, definitely a Gigabyte board with P43 chipset) and a Zotac 9800 GTX+ Amp! edition boxed up and sat in a cupboard if they are any use to you.

On 20/04/2017 at 3:21 PM, djmagnifique said:

I've got a Intel Core2duo E8400 on a Gigabyte EP43-UD3L (I think, definitely a Gigabyte board with P43 chipset) and a Zotac 9800 GTX+ Amp! edition boxed up and sat in a cupboard if they are any use to you.

775 stuff seems too weedy for games, but I'll certainly make a note on the off chance, ta!

2 hours ago, gavpowell said:

775 stuff seems too weedy for games, but I'll certainly make a note on the off chance, ta!

I thought it might be a bit on the old side. Might see what other spares I've got and see if I can build an office system to sell locally.