Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shogun

What doesn't piss you off?

3,156 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, bsoltan said:

Ooh nice. I'm getting close to my build. If I could only decide on a motherboard (The MSI M5 is on the shortlist) and GPU.

Case, SSDs and Win10 are already here.

I had an MSI motherboard once paired with a Core2Duo, the first one was DOA, the replacement couldn't handle more that two sticks of ram and it died after about 18 months.  Got it replaced with a Gigabyte board and never looked back.

6 hours ago, bsoltan said:

If I could only decide on a motherboard (The MSI M5 is on the shortlist) and GPU.

Case, SSDs and Win10 are already here.

Whar's the issue with the motherboard? I never spend more than about 15 minutes choosing a board, but I never overclock, never use more than one graphics card and only have about 4 SATA devices. 

I stopped using MSI boards back in the days of AM2 machines, as they all failed inside 18 months. I switched to Asus/Gigabyte/ASRock and have rarely replaced a motherboard since.

Basics are done still waiting for the GTX1070 to arrive tomorrow I hope.  Then I can clone this one and move my storage drive over.

The Fractal Define R5 is very nice to work with no fiddling about.  Cable management is well provided for and the cabling for the front plate actually go to where they need to without any fuss.

IMG_20170305_180218_1024.jpg

Driver and Nige like this

17 hours ago, gavpowell said:

Whar's the issue with the motherboard? 

1. Looks :P:D

then layout, memory speed and features.

1 hour ago, bsoltan said:

1. Looks :P:D

Get a case without a window, problem solved!.

1 hour ago, bsoltan said:

then layout, memory speed and features.

You presumably just want 2133 unless you overclock?

What sort of features are you after?

I ask as much as anything because I always worry I'm doing something wrong!

So after having a few temperature issues recently I decided to get a new case and found this on Scan https://www.scan.co.uk/products/corsair-300r-black-mid-tower-gaming-case-side-window-usb-30-w-o-psu

Hopefully will give me better air flow than my curent cheapo case with lots of flaps on the front that let in dust to clog everything :D

16 hours ago, gavpowell said:

MOT today - £75 all done. Cheapest MOT of my life!

Going rate is £40 here, I've never paid more than that. It used to be £30 a few years ago.

Shogun likes this

1 hour ago, SuPerNoVi said:

Going rate is £40 here, I've never paid more than that. It used to be £30 a few years ago.

Yes but that's not just the MOT, that's including the work needed to get it to pass - I've been driving since mid-2009, now on car number 3  and my MOT has never been less than 200 quid.

10 hours ago, Halrick said:

My Excel process has been delegated to somebody else. It's no longer my problem. I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

'GET TO THE CHOPPER!!'

how many of you just read that in Arnie's voice then?

Nige likes this

21 hours ago, djmagnifique said:

'GET TO THE CHOPPER!!'

how many of you just read that in Arnie's voice then?

You forgot the 'NOOOOOOW!'

I've not bought any vinyl in a fair few year now, my decks are packed in the loft too.

I don't think they will be coming out for at least 5 years until we move to a bigger house :(

2 hours ago, Shogun said:

I've not bought any vinyl in a fair few year now, my decks are packed in the loft too.

I don't think they will be coming out for at least 5 years until we move to a bigger house :(

Just do what I did and take over the dining table.

We actually just bought a new dining room table, and she has already claimed it with her shit. I paid for the damm thing!

17 minutes ago, gavpowell said:

Election night. I think this is the first one I've really enjoyed, and the triumph of hope over despair was a delightful surprise.

So tempted to quote Red Dwarf.