FrozenLuffy

What are you currently playing?

1,170 posts in this topic

All QTE's are bad, they pretend to involve you in cutscenes by making you press buttons. It's a pointless feature that virtually nobody wants.

You obviously like them, but I think you're in the minority from what I read.

Halrick likes this

They can work (Heavy Rain was pretty much entirely QTEs) but they're so often misused by developers trying to make things 'cinematic' but end up being jarring and frustrating.

2 hours ago, djmagnifique said:

Cookie Clicker 2.  I thought I was over my cookie addiction but it looks like i've had a relapse.  Whoever it was on here that first sugested it has made my list:angry:

I'd never heard of this so I went to find it. You click a giant cookie and some text comes up? That's the game?

I finished Firewatch the other week, as much as I liked the art style I'd struggle to recommend anyone buy this game.

Spoiler

It's quite short, the whole plot is set up to be this massive mystery and it isn't. I felt mislead when the credits rolled. You don't get to see Delilah, which really pissed me off, I mean sure if there was some plot reason as to not see her like she betrayed you or something but you don't see her simply because she decided to leave on the chopper before you. Lame.

I've been playing GTA V on PC, courtesy of a mate. I found it alright to begin with, but it doesn't seem like the series has evolved much since GTA3 - a huge open world, but very little worth doing(tedious tennis and gof minigames excluded), repetitive missions, at least one character storyline that makes no sense. Soup up your vehicles, then completely disregard them for a mission that couldn't be more on-rails if it tried.

I've never held Rockstar in terribly high regard anyway, but after about 8 hours of play, I think the GTA franchise has proven Rockstar need some fresh blood.

Far Cry 3 ( yes, I know)

Hugely enjoying dicking about gutting various endangered species.

Started it earlier this week and it's consumed my every waking hour since.

I find it odd that even though it is, essentially, GTA on a tropical island, it's far more compelling and immersive.

I loved the first Far Cry and the atmosphere of 3 is really taking me back.

mus422 likes this

Still playing and loving The Division! Even after the end game mission I still don't find it a chore to play and enjoy teaming up with randomers in the Dark Zone. Can't wait for the new updates and DLCs :)

I also think I might delve back into Elite Dangerous, the latest update seem to bring a lot of changes for the better and just make it feel like a better game! This could be the first time I've wanted to buy Horizens DLC.

Also have Splinter Cell: Blacklist to play to complete the series...even if they have made Sam Fisher younger :/

Just starting the Division, i like it although its a little confusing to start with. Not too much help going on with stuff but i think i get it? not sure tbh but im only a few hours in

Finally finished Uncharted 4 - what an amazing game - sad to think we'll never see another Drake Uncharted game but all good things come to an end 

If anyone ever says single player games should be consigned to history then they should play the Uncharted series. 

Masterful 

paulod likes this

I had a quick blast about an hour ago, i liked what i tried. Nice Sandstorm kept the planes at bay while i ran round (runs quite well on my new rig as well, wish i had a 10-series GPU to match it with though).

Still waiting for my physical copy of Deus Ex Mankind Divided to arrive.....clearly games companies really want to force everyone over to digital downloads only.

I'm just old fashioned I guess.....

56 minutes ago, mus422 said:

Still waiting for my physical copy of Deus Ex Mankind Divided to arrive.....clearly games companies really want to force everyone over to digital downloads only.

I'm just old fashioned I guess.....

At least by the time it comes they will have fixed the game breaking bug around mission 14.

Had a few games on BF1 beta yesterday, ran surprisingly well on my GTX 670 which means I can put off the new card till the 10 series cards settle back down in price.

Gameplay was standard BF stuff (a good thing in my view) tanks did seem a bit overpowered to me but they are in short supply. All in all excellent stuff 

Nige likes this

Currently thoroughly enjoying PES 2017 Master League on PS4. 

Had a cracking game last night v my main promotion rivals Sheffield Wednesday in which I scored a 95th minute winner after the mother of all goalmouth scrambles.

Much preferring PES to FIFA this year (and last) if you haven't tried it give the demo a go.