Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Halrick

Android Thread

353 posts in this topic

*Minecraft (OK it isn't great yet, but it has potential.)

I long for the day when cross-platform play is possible. In the meantime I might get the Pocket Edition just for quick fixes throughout the day ;)

* World of Goo

It is a great physics game that basically sees you getting the little balls of Goo to the pipe to finish the level.

It's also got a small (pointless but still interesting) story and a little humour in it which makes me smirk :)

Any of you twitter users use TweetDeck? Well there is an app called TweakDeck which is basically a clone but updated regularly with updates fixes etc... it's very good.

Anyone know if it is possible to get a different language to display on Android.

It is a stock Orange San Fransisco if that makes a difference. Want to get Farsi to display. Found a keyboard but the text doesn't work properly.

Anyone know if it is possible to get a different language to display on Android.

It is a stock Orange San Fransisco if that makes a difference. Want to get Farsi to display. Found a keyboard but the text doesn't work properly.

The manual gives brief instructions on changing language settings:

language settings

You can change the language of your phone’s operating system in two simple

steps…

1. Tap [Applications Icon] > Settings > Language & keyboard > Select locale.

2. Select a language from the list given.

..or do you mean a language not directly supported by the phone already?

Yeah, I don't mean in total for the entire phone, but to be able to read a message if it is sent in a different 'script' I guess it is.

For example an email sent in Farsi will just display as the little squares when a program doesn't recognise the text.

That will be down the specific email app.

Not sure if there is an email app for Android that will allow you to change the char type on the fly. Your best bet would just be to open it on a PC.

I just check the stock app on ICS and it doesn't give you the option.

If you have an S2 like me then *JuiceDefender extends the battery life no end !

brilliant app

Well worth buying the Ultimate version.

im thinkint about it, the free version allows me a full day of heavy use and 2.5 days of casual use before re charging

Heavy use for me is not using wifi when browsing the internet at home ( i live in a church and the s2 doesn't pickup my wireless in my living room) along side auto sync my emails on weekends every 30 mins, playing games on way to work which is an hour each way, calling home which always seems to take longer than your average call!.

casual use for me is the occasional text message short phone call and checking the football scores