Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Halrick

Android Thread

353 posts in this topic

Sandisk have a free app that allows you to move stuff round from internal to external storage and to any cloud services you have as well. I know it's possible to do it without but it's a nice and easy all in one. Ohh and you can schedule backups of files (not system stuff) with it as well. Came with my fancy new 32Gb Ultra MicroSD.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sandisk.mz&hl=en

ha ha niether ! the church was converted into flats in the 80's so the walls are very thick some still have the arches built in but the ceilings are paper thin :-( Bsoltan, Catachamonkey and Reids have been there they can contest the crapness of my Wifi.

LOLZ - I kind of guessed that!

Sympathies - I've had quite few dealings with ecclesiastical buildings and wifi.

A bloke I work with always recommends routers next to windows ((the glass type, not the MS type) to get round thick internal walls, or repeaters to take the signal up a floor, across and down (where there's a second floor to do that). If there's any outside space, then that's a good option too.

I'm sure you've tried all that though.

Galaxy Pack is a great buy at £1.29. You get a selection of live wallpapers, some of which can be customised to add or remove stars and change their colours. Once you've chosen a galaxy you're able to rotate it in 3D on each of your screens. Each is as beautiful as the next!

Bought the suitably-titled Great Little War Game. A very basic turn-based strategy but good fun and well worth the 69p.

Bought this the other day, it was actually a Great Little War Game :)

It's quiet hard too, i find myself getting a lot of ribbons rather than Gold or Silver cups :(

But its still good though, definatly worth 69p!

you need this app its brilliant much better than stock KB on my Samsung SII

Agreed, had it since the Beta version. It just gets better and better.

I don't understand how a touch keyboard can be better? I just need to type stuff on it?

As Wedge says, it's for the autocorrect and the fact that it provides a lot of customisation options.

I recently updated the firmware on my HTX One X and not sure why, but it made the keyboard / auto correct go totally fucked up.

Thankfully I just took a punt on that Swiftkey 3 app, it's so much better.

Also, I didn't realise I could just charge it to my Vodafone account, saves dicking around with card details.

After my posts in the Apple thread, (and testing out both the Iphone 5 and Galaxy S3) and much deliberation - I can confirm that I now have a shiny new S3 in my hands!

Now that I have made the crossover, can any of you kind souls point me in the right direction in terms of essential apps / settings / things to do for an android newby like myself.

I have taken it upon myself to install avast as a matter of course, and am just playing about with the phone in general - man is there a lot to take in!

Halrick likes this

JuiceDefender Ultimate and Advanced Task Killer Pro are a must :)

Oh, and *ehem*...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Rinshaw likes this

My boss has just jumped from a 4 to the S3 after much deliberation. It's not the phone more the stinking pile of excrement that is iTunes that forced him away.

Lookout is a good AV and it has phone finder and remote wipe options.

Beautiful Widgets

Chrome

Dropbox has 50Gb of storage for the S3

Samsung Apps offer Polaris Office for free

Hidden eye will take a picture of the person trying to unlock your phone (if you have pin or pattern lock) and upload it to dropbox.

Juice Defender Ultimate gets another vote from me. it's currently giving me 2.25 times my normal battery life (1 day 18hours since last full charge and 70% of battery remaining). I did try Advanced Task killer Pro as well but found that it reduced my battery life.

As Wedge says, it's for the autocorrect and the fact that it provides a lot of customisation options.

I believe it's more to do with it's error correction capabilities.

Autocorrect!?!?!

If it's the just autocorrect you're noticing, you're not using Swiftkey properly - it predicts your commonly used words based on what you're typing, so you can type a 140 character message in about 20 taps. The keyboard part of it borders on becoming redundant half the time!