Sign in to follow this  
Halrick

Android Thread

Call me crazy, but I generally send different texts all the time... and I don't make mistakes. Ever. So I really don't see the point in it.

(I read over this message four times to make sure.)

You really ought to try it, it's incredibly clever. Between Swiftkey and Swype, I can't imagine having to go back to a touchscreen keyboard that was so antiquated that I actually have to type whole words out :P

Even I don't know what I am going to say next half the time.

Edit: I haven't been very impressed with the apps offered so far in this 25 billion sale. When they did the 10 billion sale, I bought 3 apps...

However, there is one on today called HD Widgets - I don't know how this compares to Beautiful Widgets mentioned above.

Are there generally separate Apps for Tablets and Phones in the Google Play store? I couldn't see anything on the About column where it mentions devices.

I can see on the SwiftKey page that they offer a Tablet version separate (and not reduced) but wondering for other Apps too.

I'm hoping to get a Nexus 7 soon so was thinking of making a few purchases while things are on sale but not if they're going to be for phones only.

Ta.

^This. Most apps work on both tablets and phones. You may get a compatibility warning but that can generally be ignored. As long as it works with your particular version of Android you'll be fine.

Triple post :o

I've just noticed that Cut the Rope is in the sale today too (for a few more hours) and is worth picking up for 25p. I was just about to finish all of the levels for a second time until I became addicted to Ski Safari :D

Autocorrect!?!?!

If it's the just autocorrect you're noticing, you're not using Swiftkey properly - it predicts your commonly used words based on what you're typing, so you can type a 140 character message in about 20 taps. The keyboard part of it borders on becoming redundant half the time!

You are right, it is the prediction which is the great aid and the fact it "learns" from your messages.

Swiftkey tablet has a split keyboard mode but that's about it as far as I can see.

Swiftkey is sooo much better than the stock keyboard.

I had only been using the samsung one for a day and already it had drove me mad.

Best purchase so far though is the Laughing Man live wallpaper - so sweet.

Has anyone tried Nova Launcher Prime? The 5* ratio to other stars is crazy... might be worth looking at?

Edit: I bought it anyway... for £0.25 you might as well.

Edit2: OK, finally some apps worth getting. I have bought Nova Launcher Prime, GBWG, and Air Control (I had Lite before)

Edit3: I have just found out that Nova Launcher is actually free to trial - the Nova Launcher Prime just adds more content.

Fresh Leaves, made by the people behind Galaxy Pack which I've previously posted, is 65p in the Play Store. It's another customisable live wallpaper pack, only this time there's a "time of day" option which changes your background as the hours pass. Stunning work by Maxelus once again.

I'm not sure of the exact amount, but it was enough to be make me switch to a static wallpaper until I had my back-up charger to hand. It's always a toss up between battery life and shiny shiny. You just have to make sure you have access to a charger when you need it.

This thread needs pinning. Unless, of course, it isn't as important as the Apple threads. Is it? Hmmmmmm? HMMMMMMMMMMM?????? ;)

I've changed the title to "Android Thread" for good measure :)

This thread needs pinning. Unless, of course, it isn't as important as the Apple threads. Is it? Hmmmmmm? HMMMMMMMMMMM?????? ;)

I've changed the title to "Android Thread" for good measure :)

Shows you how nice Apple fans are that we don't need two Android threads ;)