Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
madwedge

Battlefield 4

687 posts in this topic

I was shocked too to hear about this the other day, however it's true. Battlefield 4 was announced today and is due for release for next year!!

If you pre-order Medal of Honor: Warfighter you will bet Beta access to BF4!

My opinion. It feels waaaay too soon. Especially since there's packs to be released for BF3 up until next year. I'm wondering what new thing it will bring to the franchise since, again in my opinion, BF3 has it all!

http://www.ingame.ms...ext-year-889488

It's official, the best-selling Battlefield game franchise is getting a new installment and fans will have a chance to play it for the first time next year.

Electronic Arts officially revealed "Battlefield 4" Tuesday as part of a promotion for the game "Medal of Honor: Warfighter." In a developer interview video talking up "Warfighter's" multiplayer mode, EA promised fans that if they pre-ordered a limited edition of the game they would get access to the "Battlefield 4" beta opening up in the fall of 2013.

This is the first time "Battlefield 4" has ever been officially mentioned and EA followed up with a press release in which Frank Gibeau, President of EA Labels said: "Though Battlefield and Medal of Honor Warfighter each offer players a completely unique experience, they are united by their underlying technology base -- Frostbite. These are two of the hottest shooters, coming together to deliver a one-two punch of action, intensity and shooter entertainment."

Agreed, it seems they are just following the Call of Duty model.

I wonder whether Battlefield 4 will morph into BF 2143... that would make more sense.

I would love that! Absolutely loved BF2142!! Especially the future version of existing maps, like Wake Island and Highway Tampa.

I'm a bit worried they don't fully concentrate on the upcoming DLC's and will be more occupied with BF4.

Not good timing at all and far too soon after BF3.

And yes it's just a shitty ploy to try and boost sales for MOH.

I wonder if, again, it'll coincide with Modern Warfare 4, Uncharted 4, Mass Effect 4, May Payne 4, Far Cry 4 and Fallout 4!!

Well I am not pre-ordering MoH WarAssMonger for no Beta Access.

I bought a Limited Edition Guaranteed BF3 Beta Early Access of the last one and didn't get early access so Fuck That Shit.

Well I am not pre-ordering MoH WarAssMonger for no Beta Access.

I bought a Limited Edition Guaranteed BF3 Beta Early Access of the last one and didn't get early access so Fuck That Shit.

sure.

Way too soon. The games industry is pissing me off lately. Once a game takes off they just churn out new version after new version until that franchise dies. The thing is it works. Most people buy them and that justifies it for the publishers as they are doing what they want, making money. Sadly I can't even think of a reason that a developer/publisher would want for actually producing an utterly amazing multi-player game. If they create a game so good it gets thousands playing, after the initial purchase they aren't really seeing any income. It's a lose / lose situation.

Your post conflicts itself entirely. After saying exactly why they make amazing multiplayer games, so they can produce sequels and make more money, you say you don't understand why they make amazing multiplayer games because after they sell well they don't make any more money. You don't seem to agree with yourself.

They just churn out new version after new version until the franchise dies? What multiplayer franchises have died, COD, Battlefield? Don't think so.

I don't understand your argument that if they create a game so good it gets thousands playing, after the initial purchase they aren't making any money. They make money by people buying the game, apart from the odd MMO that's how all games make their money. The most popular multiplayer games (COD/Battlefield/Halo) are the biggest selling games around earning crazy amounts of money for the developers/publishers. How is that a losing situation for them?

Your post conflicts itself entirely. After saying exactly why they make amazing multiplayer games, so they can produce sequels and make more money, you say you don't understand why they make amazing multiplayer games because after they sell well they don't make any more money. You don't seem to agree with yourself.

I don't understand your argument that if they create a game so good it gets thousands playing, after the initial purchase they aren't making any money. They make money by people buying the game, apart from the odd MMO that's how all games make their money. The most popular multiplayer games (COD/Battlefield/Halo) are the biggest selling games around earning crazy amounts of money for the developers/publishers. How is that a losing situation for them?

I was thinking along the lines of a game like CSS or just CS. Such a great competitive online game that it's still one of the most played games, and until recently with GO they surely won't have made a penny off of anyone since they originally bought the game. In some cases that will be over a decade ago. COD meanwhile, can sell consistently while producing the same game year in year out. I personally don't feel that an FPS should do that. As it means last years games online scene tends to die when the next is released.

You've done it again! Your first sentence conflicts your second.

Look at CS, great game, makes no money after the initial sale, this is wrong.

Look at COD, lots of sequels, makes loads of money since initial sale, this is wrong.

So if you don't want a FPS to have one initial sale and then no more and you don't want sequels so that they do have further sales, what do you want?

I still fail to understand why you have such an issue with a game only selling when originally bought, this is how most things in the world sell. I have some speakers for my PC, after I bought them about 8 years ago they haven't had another penny out of me, same as all the other people who bought these speakers. So why would they even bother making speakers anymore when they only havet the initial sale and then nothing? That argument of yours just doesn't make any sense. It makes even less sense when using CS as your argument because that was a mod and didn't make them any money at all, until it proved so popular that they released stand alone games.

You've done it again! Your first sentence conflicts your second.

Look at CS, great game, makes no money after the initial sale, this is wrong.

Look at COD, lots of sequels, makes loads of money since initial sale, this is wrong.

So if you don't want a FPS to have one initial sale and then no more and you don't want sequels so that they do have further sales, what do you want?

I still fail to understand why you have such an issue with a game only selling when originally bought, this is how most things in the world sell. I have some speakers for my PC, after I bought them about 8 years ago they haven't had another penny out of me, same as all the other people who bought these speakers. So why would they even bother making speakers anymore when they only havet the initial sale and then nothing? That argument of yours just doesn't make any sense. It makes even less sense when using CS as your argument because that was a mod and didn't make them any money at all, until it proved so popular that they released stand alone games.

I haven't contradicted myself at all. I didn't state that COD makes lots of money after initial sales. I said that as they are coming out so often, by the time sales dip, a new one is releases and the product cycle is re-started.

My annoyance is that for an FPS to become really really good, the scene behind it needs to grow. COD games cannot now have this happen as so many players switch in and out of the latest ones and it just fragments the scene.

17 mins worth of gameplay here.

Some nice little touches but does this warrant a whole new game??

Do EA games ever really justify a whole new game?  Minor updates then flog new game 'cos everyone will buy anyway.

I know BF3 has been out for ages now, but it doesn't look that different and surely more decent DLC would have been sufficient?

On the other hand we all know we will buy this regardless.

I've said it before, but I think its time we had another WW2 game as we've had quite a long cooling off period since the last decent WW2 shooter.

Ataribaby likes this

The problem really is that only the most expensive graphics card runs BF3 at a decent frame rate with all the eye candy. As this clearly has more of those demanding details no one is going to see it running this good without spending £400 on a new graphics card.

It just seems a bit silly to push the graphics further when hardly anyone is getting the most out of 3 even now. Give it another year and it might be more feasible with the 2014 release of graphics cards.

The problem really is that only the most expensive graphics card runs BF3 at a decent frame rate with all the eye candy. As this clearly has more of those demanding details no one is going to see it running this good without spending £400 on a new graphics card.

It just seems a bit silly to push the graphics further when hardly anyone is getting the most out of 3 even now. Give it another year and it might be more feasible with the 2014 release of graphics cards.

I wouldn't say that exactly.  I've got a GTX 570 which is a last gen card and this runs BF3 at maximum.  You can get this card for £160 now.

Even with the latest games, Tomb Raider runs at Ultimate graphics level (albeit without the TressFX snazzy hair option on). Going to be trying Bioshock at maximum tonight.

Considering BF4 doesn't look that much different to BF3, I can't imagine it'll need much more grunt than what's needed now.  Certainly a £400 card wouldn't be required.

Is this coming out on next gen consoles?

Yes. Confirmed for PS4 last night and surely will be on the next xbox once MS announce it.