Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sobtanian

Mumble Server Details

62 posts in this topic

So the Mumble server we've been using for a while has now gone. It was rented by a friend of mine who just shared its details.

We've always thought of getting our own one, so I think now's the time. Who'd be interested in renting a server with me. Obviously you get admin rights, as useless as they are :P

Server Details:

IP: mumble.computersnstuff.co.uk (85.236.101.45)

PORT: 16312

PASS: the name of our old forum (no spaces, small letters).

I'm in. We made good use of that server and it's a shame that it's gone. Free VOIP isn't exactly ideal for fight nights so we need a replacement sharpish ^_^

So I was just checking multiplay for prices and found that they had a 50% offer off voicecoms, so I just bought a one year sub for 20 slots, all for a grand total of £14!

Anyone who wants to help towards this please let me know and I'll give you my PayPal address. In the meantime, it's preliminarily setup and working!

IP: 85.236.101.45

PORT: 16312

PASS: the name of our old forum (one word, small letters).

I'll setup channels etc tomorrow.

Barry, could you set something like mumble.computersnstuff.co.uk to point to it? Might be useful.

PS: voicecoms is the main reason I love Friday fight nights! It's so much more fun losing at a game while giggling away with you lot.

@andy mumble is extremely latency free (makes for synchronised sniper shots ;)) and sound quality is much better.

Cool. At that price I'm happy to chip in - we can work out how much if anyone else wants to contribute!

I've added a few channels: Guild Wars (by popular request), Battlefield, Left 4 Dead, and White Noise.

As you know the channels aren't necessarily unless by some freak accident we get a full sever :P

Just let me know and I'll add/remove more.

I've also got the following people confirmed to pay:

al4omega

justplainandy (much nicer handle btw :P)

Frozenluffy

Thorz

Nige

Halrick

That's seven of us including me, meaning a massive £2 each. If everyone else is happy, I don't think we need more money contributions? Once we've agreed I'll send you my PayPal address.

Everyone else wanting to chip in: thank you but we're only paying £2 each so you can contribute next year :)

Could those people paying please PayPal me (ali UNDERSCORE sob AT hotmail DOT com)

ta.

Will also chip in later today as I used it quite a bit.

Cheers for sorting it.

Thanks, but there really is no need. It's only £2 each and you and the others can rent the server next time :)