Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bsoltan

Playstation 4

263 posts in this topic

That's like predicting the sun will rise tomorrow.  

Statistically possible that it won't, but highly unlikely.

Obviously, you didn't have to point it out!

Yeah, bitch, its not often i'm right at least let me bask for a while in warm splendorous smugness

:)

:)

:D

ok..i'm done.

madwedge likes this

No one is right: I haven't preordered. I will, but once final price is known however.

I'm not sure where you bastards get this idea that I just buy unnecessary crap.

Oh, and after I buy my fourth iPad.

madwedge likes this

No one is right: I haven't preordered. I will, but once final price is known however.

You know, you're right !  

I have no idea we get that impression from.   :rolleyes:

Only the other day I was showing my mate the number of games you own on Steam!  I couldn't find your screenshot of your iPad and all it's glorious apps though!

PS4 launch price is $399, €399 or £350.

XBone is $499, €499 or £430

Final Fantasy Versus 13 was revealed to be renamed Final Fantasy XV(15) and sources so far say it's PS4 exclusive.

The long awaited Kingdom Hearts 3 also revealed and so far is only known for release on PS4.

Another big note Sony denouncing all rumours of DRM and always online and 24 hour check ins and used games. A hash tag was even created, #shotsfired as they've obviously used this to capitalize on XBone's DRM and used game policies.

Lastly, and sadly imo is no more free online play. PS+ is a must to play online but is said to cost less than $5 a month

And how could I forget, the console itself was finally revealed. I won't spoil it, go look for yourself, you'll be surprised.

madwedge likes this

In all honesty I guess I will wait and see what the launch games are like.

If there are some fantastic games, which I can't get on PC then most likely I will be tempted by one or both machines.

In the end its all about the games.

I really like the look of that Tom Clancy's The Division

My console gaming tends to consist of FIFA and F1 mainly with the exception of the likes of Uncharted which you can't get on PC. 

I won't really be buying it for exclusives just that the likes of FIFA are much better played sitting on a sofa with a big screen than on a monitor. My opinion of course I'm sure some will disagree.

I'll most likely follow the sheep and pick one up at launch with a FIFA bundle 

Final Fantasy Versus 13 was revealed to be renamed Final Fantasy XV(15) and sources so far say it's PS4 exclusive.

I'm so glad they made some sort of mention of this. I have been following XIII Versus for ages and genuinely am looking forward to it. If it's a launch game then that will probably mean I'll be getting a PS4 at release.

cos ive had nothing to do today i have watch 95% of the Xbox One reveal at E3 and also the PS4, have to say i am far more impressed with the PS4, add into the fact you can rent, i like to rent before i buy games if i were to get one, PS4 wins hands down.

Now id be more inclined to PS4 if it was backwards compatible as id like to play all the Uncharted games, from what ive read youll only be able to stream old PS3 games for a fee eventually.

Edit

the controller still puts me off though

from what ive read youll only be able to stream old PS3 games for a fee eventually.

I doubt they'd do it for free? At least most likely you'd still need to pay for the monthly Playstation Plus account

How to share games on a PS4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOosVWP--j0

That just needs to be the PS4 advert prior to launch.

I reckon Sony waited for MS to play their cards and planned all along to undercut the price, hence the vague launch a few weeks back.  Nice play Sony.

I'm no fanboy by any means having owned from both sides and being firmly in the PC camp as my main source of gaming.  But even my casual gaming mates who have been staunch Xbox fans through the last two consoles and in particular the 360 are aware of the proposed restrictions on the XBone.  These are not guys that read tech and game websites on a daily basis yet they know things are not looking good for the XBone.

As such they are already firmly in the PS4 camp unless things drastically change.  Lets not beat around the bush, the XBone will sell by the bucketload despite the moaning and groaning.  Fuck when the prices drop and there's a huge catalogue of games I will probably give in and buy both at some point.

I just think the XBone will be the PS3 of the next generation, ie just behind the leader at the finish line.

I personally think both consoles look hideous from a physical point of view.  The designers behind these need shot, or at least maybe try and poach some people from Apple.

The designers behind these need shot, or at least maybe try and poach some people from Apple.

God no, the PS4 looks fine, I like the angled look it's a bit big but it is basically a gaming PC so no surprise there.