Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
reids

Evolve

22 posts in this topic

I read this up the other day. Basically it's like Left 4 Dead, but instead of 4 players against zombies, it's 4 players against a big monster, which is controlled by a fifth player.

Each character is a specific class, like engineer, assault, stealth etc to contribute to bringing the monster down.

The monster is a tough nut with an ability or two, who can evolve to become stronger and have more abilities.

Sound interesting anyway.

reids likes this

If you cared enough I'm sure you'll remember to read up on it yourself. Or watch a simple video. Since it's not playable yet we'd only be repeating what's in the vid anyway. Sobtanian's Titanfall comments are based on his experience from playing.  I gave you the gist above.

If you cared enough I'm sure you'll remember to read up on it yourself. Or watch a simple video. Since it's not playable yet we'd only be repeating what's in the vid anyway. Sobtanian's Titanfall comments are based on his experience from playing.  I gave you the gist above.

The point is the forum shouldn't just be about linking a video and then leaving people to go off and find out their own information. It doesn't benefit a discussion community. The info you added was brief but useful, there are quite a few previews around that could have been quoted or linked to.

I've just tried to watch the video but due to my shitty connection/computer it isn't working for me right now. (Same for any Youtube vid).

catchamonkey likes this

Think this a game best played with friends on voice to ensure effective cooperation as hunters.

KBM controls for the Monster are shit - needs a pad

Very very pretty with fantastic sound design.

Some issues with matchmaking, but then this was during the 10pm stress test

Played through the monster tutorial....Seems to be a lot of button bashing, very confusing when in the midst of battle. Lots of trapping monsters/people in the corner. Not sure I enjoyed that part. Have yet to do any of the other tutorials.

After much consideration I have decided to cancel my pre-order.

The Beta did not grab me as much as the Alpha and something has to give as Dying Light (boxed copy) and Homeworld Remastered are out next month.

One for the Summer Steam sale.

cptwhite and madwedge like this

Not sure if you ever read the back story to Homeworld, but it's one of the most detailed stories to a game no one even knows about.  It's truly a work of art and you should get it out before you play the remastered games to set the scene, it's very gripping, they really ought to make a massive sci-fi movie of the back of it, read it here:

http://www.homeworldaccess.net/downloads/hw2docs/history_of_hiigara.pdf

madwedge likes this

Not sure if you ever read the back story to Homeworld, but it's one of the most detailed stories to a game no one even knows about.  It's truly a work of art and you should get it out before you play the remastered games to set the scene, it's very gripping, they really ought to make a massive sci-fi movie of the back of it, read it here:

http://www.homeworldaccess.net/downloads/hw2docs/history_of_hiigara.pdf

Oh shit! I forgot about this!  Read this when the game first came out but completely forgot about it until now!  Thanks for posting cptwhite!

Also, this is in the Evolve thread! lol

Is it bad I am not at all interested in evolve? Don't get me wrong I loved L4D and L4D 2 ...... 

Nope - I was really in to it on the Alpha, but then played the Beta and just lost interest..