bsoltan

Apple Thread (Fans And Enthusiasts Edition)

1,474 posts in this topic

What all your favorite website you'll be referring to for news of this? I think I'm just going to follow Macrumours. Any other good ones though?

I love how the morning of the announcement, the tech blogs are still churning out unconfirmed rumors. Wait a couple of hours ffs.

I'll be checking engadget's live blog coverage I think, unless anyone suggests something better.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/04/engadget-broadcasting-live-from-apples-lets-talk-iphone-eve/

That looks like a good one. Cheers.

I can't say I'm that fussed today. I skip an upgrade generation usually as mentioned before, so all I'd like to hear is when iOS5 drops...

Next year's iPad 3 though, that I can't wait for :P

I have a nagging feeling that there's going to be disappointment for many.

Mind you, the antenna issue was the main thing putting me off the iPhone 4, so if they've sorted that I may well be interested.

I can't say I'm that fussed today. I skip an upgrade generation usually as mentioned before, so all I'd like to hear is when iOS5 drops...

Next year's iPad 3 though, that I can't wait for :P

iOS5 is dropping October 12. :)

Siri looks pretty damn impressive..

..and it's over. No mention of iPhone 5 or iPad 3.

iPhone 4S does look like an awesome phone but I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling it's a bit anti-climactic.

iPhone 5 was never on the cards really, just no need for it and really, nothing big enough to warrant it.

Apple's shares have dived about 5% in the last 90 minutes, so it would seem the general feeling is one of apathy.

I am tempted by the 4S, will see how it stacks up price wise against the Galaxy SII and Sensation.

Apple.com is down now as well! Lol

haha yeah, it's getting hammered.

Briefly got it to load and the front page features the iPhone 4S now. But clicking anything got me the Access Denied message.

Market value decrease is in excess of $10 billion off the back of this keynote.

Not the best of starts for Mr Cook

It's sad in a way; Apple never even hinted at an iPhone 5, did their level best to keep everything a secret, but the rumor mill created an expectation that could never be met.

At least I won't have to field endless questions about iPhone 5 now. Oh wait, yes I will. :)

It's not the usual "we'll be back soon" down, is it?

Nope, it's properly offline:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.apple.com/" on this server.

Reference #18.76e2ea3f.1317755235.1c81dba9

It's rather amazing what a few rumours can do for people's expectations, especially with Apple. People seem to expect a miracle every time they speak.

Market value decrease is in excess of $10 billion off the back of this keynote.

Not the best of starts for Mr Cook

Makes you wonder what would've happened if they'd announced exactly the same device, but actually called it the iPhone 5 instead!

Well. Meh. At least I don't feel too bad about continuing with my 3GS or if needed picking up an iPhone 4 on the cheap.

It has overshadowed some of the other interesting things at the event. The new Apps for one and I'm excited about iOS5 breathing some new life into my 2 year old phone.

Edited by bsoltan

The iCloud stuff was interesting and that Cards app was good. Shoe horning their way into Moonpig's territory! Quite convenient on your phone though. I'm looking forward to the new notifications system. Should tidy things up a lot and make it less 'in your face'.

I'm waiting for tariff prices on the O2 website to show up before I decide on whether to get though.

I guess this means I'm shallow, but I'm quite disappointed that what appears to be a brilliant phone looks identical to the old model. How's anyone to know what a flash bastard I am?

I guess this means I'm shallow, but I'm quite disappointed that what appears to be a brilliant phone looks identical to the old model. How's anyone to know what a flash bastard I am?

I guess when you're barking voice commands at Siri.

Then again, you could always buy a regular iPhone 4 and just pretend you're using voice commands..

Hey, I talk to my phone already - Sony Ericsson obviously got the drop on Apple there. Mind you, I am limited to "WHY THE FUCK WON'T YOU WORK PROPERLY YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!!!!", but hey, you know, technology eh?

And presumably you can get us all a discount?

It is interesting that the iPhone and iPod are now the largest moblie gaming platform. Presumably they take their figures just from sales and not those actually playing games on them, but it is a huge potential there.

Considering the price, quality and availability of games on the devices it isn't that surprising. Also having the games on your phone or music player helps with portability that is beneficial to a lot of users.

In the same way that the games are designed around a very casual playability, much like the Wii changed the home console market, the iPhone has changed the mobile market and there are lots of people that would rather pick up an iPod/iPhone/iPad than a 3DS for example.

What about those new Apps they announced!

Track your friends and family and see their locations? Or how about sending a personalised card... a bit useless really!

I like the cards app. I use Moonpig on a semi-regular basis so it'll be handy for me to be able to do that on the fly, rather than having to wait till I'm in front of a computer.

I agree the tracking of family and friends is a bit gimmicky. I doubt anyone will actually use it as it's a bit of an invasion of privacy!