Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
madwedge

Speedtest - What's your connection speed?

217 posts in this topic

You know the drill! http://speedtest.net/

Ok, so since moving to Sky I used to get a nice constant 5.5MB speed, however I've done three or four tests over the last week and I seemed to be now getting something similar to this:

Posted Image

Any suggestions what could've of happened to cause this? Anything I can check at home or should I just contact Sky?

Thanks all.

I am thinking sky could be your problem, are you on sky llu or Sky Broadband Connect, I had an uncle on the latter and he found it to be woefully slow.

Posted Image

My current speed, fttc ftw. :cool:

Edited by HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe

Virginmedia, thinking of changing my package but the call centres are terrible, really hard to understand, them with me and me with them so i just hang up. Then they call me back and we start all over again :/

Posted Image

You know the drill! http://speedtest.net/

Ok, so since moving to Sky I used to get a nice constant 5.5MB speed, however I've done three or four tests over the last week and I seemed to be now getting something similar to this:

Posted Image

Any suggestions what could've of happened to cause this? Anything I can check at home or should I just contact Sky?

Thanks all.

Don't worry though you can easily run OnLive on that connection :P

Don't worry though you can easily run OnLive on that connection :P

Lol that's not very comforting!

I'm going to try moving my router tonight, as I moved it a couple of months ago so i could plug my Sky box into it. I'll see if that's makes a difference. I might also switch from my Belkin Wireless N router back to the Sky router to see if it's the router.

I'll contact Sky after I've tried all that.

1.76 Up / 0.75 Down.

Pathetic really, and I'm about 4 miles from Sheffield city centre. Absolutely inexcusable for one of the major cities. Also, I can't improve it, no other option available, and BT Infinity haven't even posted a date for my area yet. Absolutely pathetic.

1.76 Up / 0.75 Down.

Pathetic really, and I'm about 4 miles from Sheffield city centre. Absolutely inexcusable for one of the major cities. Also, I can't improve it, no other option available, and BT Infinity haven't even posted a date for my area yet. Absolutely pathetic.

That's worse than mine, and I'm the last house on the 2-mile line from our exchange in a little Yorkshire village.

Ok, so I've plugged in a wired connection to the router, and I'm still getting around the same speeds. :D

I take it actually moving the router wont make a difference then??

Last thing to try is my old Sky Router.

Well fuck me! Plugged in my shitty Sky Router and I'm now getting this:

Posted Image

WTF!! Something's def up with my Belkin Router then. Maybe it's my Sky box raping my connection in one way or another?!

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Virginmedia, thinking of changing my package but the call centres are terrible, really hard to understand, them with me and me with them so i just hang up. Then they call me back and we start all over again :/

Posted Image

Call them and pick the option for 'Thinking of leaving us' and you get through to a uk agent. Then justsay to them you are looking to get the best value for money from your package and see what they can offer you. Or even better if you know someone who works for them you can get mates rates which gives a discount of about £30pm.

And, I don't work for virgin before you ask.

Edited by djmagnifique

Posted Image

o2 broadband - glorious! The exchange is across the road. I reckon exchange distance should be a major factor when deciding on somewhere to live!

Edited by Adamish