Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
madwedge

Battlefield Hardline

35 posts in this topic

I've only just heard about this!

http://www.battlefield.com/hardline

Internally code-named Havana and in development at Dead Space studio Visceral Games, the police and thieves-themed spin-off has been rumoured for some time.

f today's information blast is correct, this will be the first Battlefield game not handled by creator DICE. Instead, dev duties have reportedly been passed to Dead Space dev Visceral Games. The project is internally being referred to as "Havana".

Other information that appears to have been posted ahead of schedule includes four classes (Enforcer, Mechanic, Operator and Professional), a multiplayer map (called Downtown), and modes called Blood Money, Bomb Squad and Carrier Assault. Unsurprisingly, a beta is also mentioned.

bf-hardline-key-art-ea.jpg?w=650&h=420&c

Apparently this is to be unveiled at E3 on the 9th June!  One to watch out for!

Not sure where Carrier Assault would come in, sounds like a BF4 thing!

I am a bit confused by this - hopeful, as Visceral know their stuff, but I don't see how you could apply Battlefield-type gameplay to a Cops & Robbers scenario - and if they change the gameplay, why not make it a new IP?

Although NOW I want to watch the bank robbery scene from Heat.

Nice one, cheers Andy.

I looks great, but still very military. I'm sure police don't use half the weapons depicted and a swear I saw an A-10 Warthog halfway through! It's like they've taken BF4 and just put cops and robbers skins on the models. 

Looks like they've used the BF4 maps too. Squeeze very last drop.

I agree they should call it something else though. Something more in keeping with the "stealing money from people" theme...

No actually, the word Battlefield sums that up nicely.

Just a word of cation about the video - it looks like an in-house "proof of concept", hence "Omaha", so I wouldn't be surprised if some of the more BF4-like bits were just to convey the feel of the game, much like George Lucas used WW2 dogfight footage in early cuts of Star Wars to show Fox execs.

I suspect the fully formed video to come out of E3.

madwedge likes this

Just a word of cation about the video - it looks like an in-house "proof of concept", hence "Omaha", so I wouldn't be surprised if some of the more BF4-like bits were just to convey the feel of the game, much like George Lucas used WW2 dogfight footage in early cuts of Star Wars to show Fox execs.

I suspect the fully formed video to come out of E3.

Yeess... That will be it....

Nothing at all like Battlefield... all new maps... all new weapons....

A brand new game, not just a rehash....

;)

Origin is the worst place to pre-order games. Always massively marked up!  

You'll be able to pre-order this for £35 somewhere.  Or there'll probably be an option to get this on the cheap via an Indian or Mexican vpn! 

It's different, I'll give them that, but it doesn't look that interesting. Here's hoping Bad Company 3 is on the horizon.

I think I might actually wait till AFTER release for this one, and go the CD Keys route. I get the feeling it might not do as well as BF3 and 4..

Well there won't be the almighty switch from one to the other given the different nature of the two.

I prefer my MP to be military themed - hence my lack of Payday 2.

Thought about trying the beta but not going to bother. Wasn't blown away by the E3 vid, but the servers were stupid busy last night. Everyone complaining they couldn't download it.

Yep it's probably the only Battlefield game I'll give a miss to as it hasn't appealed to me at all, was only going to try the beta to convince myself for certain not to get it.

I gave up on Battlefield at BF3. Gun upgrades, perks, kill streak bonuses just do my head in and rewards players who have more time to game than i do.

I prefer playing shooters that have a more level playing field where i dont have to invest hours and hours to get better items etc.

Nige likes this

Watched a couple of videos last night and still haven't been tempted, even by the beta. As much as I dislike the yearly rehash of the standard Battlefield games I'd rather another of those than Payday 3.

With things like Titanfall and the new Battlefront in the mix, Battlefield needs to take a few years to regroup and rekindle the spark that made the first few games exhilarating as opposed to a grindfest for the best weapons.

Played a couple of rounds of the beta.

Usual experience of WTF is going on on first round and being killed lots.

Second round kinda figured it out and did ok.

They need to do something about the speed at which you run - it might be more "realistic" but it's sooo slow in comparison to BF4. And I would imagine you would be thinking you were in bullet time if you played it after Titanfall.

Usual balancing issues - the armoured trucks seem way OP as an example.

Still early days, so will hold back from any judgement atm.

Games over too fast

Too long to wait between rounds

Customisable by earnings is ok

Characters in game move kinds oddly and hold weapons in an unnatural stance.

Running is just tooo slow!

Had a couple of rounds this morning, seems quite enjoyable however is seems to be the case with all BF betas squad play was at a minimum. If I see any of you on I'll jump in as I'm sure it would be a better experience. 

Love the bikes :)

Not sure I would purchase it to be honest maybe in a sale/ mexican/indian store thing but not at full price