Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
madwedge

Battlefield Hardline

35 posts in this topic

Just had a bit of a go on this and it's doing absolutely nothing for me at all. I just can't click with it :(

I gave up on Battlefield at BF3. Gun upgrades, perks, kill streak bonuses just do my head in and rewards players who have more time to game than i do.

I prefer playing shooters that have a more level playing field where i dont have to invest hours and hours to get better items etc.

Don't you play World of Tanks?  :D

Don't you play World of Tanks?  :D

i do. But WoT isnt a twitch shooter! Having an upgraded gun in a twitch shooter makes a much bigger difference.

EDIT: Not to mention that WoT has a matchmaker that restricts you to +/- 2 tiers. Also if you join the game as a noob chances are you will be in Tier 1 battles with other Tier 1 tanks only to give you more of a chance to get to grips. With BF and those ilk of games you can be plonked into a battle with no clue of the map/guns etc and in against the leet of the leet. Not fun!

Hmmm. New beta is getting a solid "Meh" out of five from me. Initial impression of Conquest mode was promising - I like the AA weapons as pickups idea, plus I killed 3 people in my first 30 seconds which was nice...

Hotwire SEEMS good - took a while to grasp the concept, but when I did it was fun - although best not to think of WHY anyone would just need to drive a van around to achieve anything.

Heist mode, however... Not sure if like. Seems very like Rush, in that if you have unbalanced teams it's no fun at all to be on the losing side. One round I was a robber and the cops just piled into the vault en masse with shotguns so we couldn't even get at the money, and then I was a cop and the criminals put snipers up high around the spawn and effectively spawn-raped us.

I stick to my original feeling - not a pre-order here.

Oo!

Just had an idea for a Battlefield game mode - wouldn't have to be Hardline.

Convoy defence.

AI controlled, slow moving armoured convoy travels through a long thin map. Defenders spawn on the trucks but have access to bikes and lighter vehicles. Attackers spawn from points that change depending on progress of convoy, like in Rush mode. Attackers can activate gates like on BF4 Caspian Border to slow down the trucks.

I'm having Mad Max visions now...

Oo!

Just had an idea for a Battlefield game mode - wouldn't have to be Hardline.

Convoy defence.

AI controlled, slow moving armoured convoy travels through a long thin map. Defenders spawn on the trucks but have access to bikes and lighter vehicles. Attackers spawn from points that change depending on progress of convoy, like in Rush mode. Attackers can activate gates like on BF4 Caspian Border to slow down the trucks.

I'm having Mad Max visions now...

Sounds like TF2's Payload mode which is actually pretty fun if you get the right balance of classes.

I'll stick to my original plans and avoid going anywhere near this though. Fingers crossed there isn't a sequel.

Payload but on a grander scale. Also levolution could mean you could block off an easier, quicker road and make the convoy take a riskier route.

ANYWAY back to Hardline, I think the thing that would persuade me to get it (eventually, in a sale, etc etc) would be if the single player storyline was compelling. I only ever played BFBC2 single player, and had a blast with that.