I had the chance to attend this Years Eurogamer Expo and got hands on time with the Xbox One and PS4 as well as a variety of games.
So without further ado my initial thoughts on what i had hands on time with at the expo:
- Pad, lighter than 360 yet not too light.
- Rumble on triggers is great – Forza 5 uses it to tell you when to brake for instance
- Console looks like it has some size to it, but without it being next to a 360, its hard to compare size.
- Controller is same size as a DS3
- Back trigger buttons better but still too flimsy feeling
- Weight of the pad is perfect, about the same as a DS3
- Console is tiny (especially compared to XB1) and the Camera is very small.
- Looks great
- Probably 60fps
- Multiplayer is fun
- Doesn’t feel like there’s much new over the previous entries.
Zelda Link Between Worlds
- New art direction looks really good in motion
- Becoming a wall drawing is a well implemented idea
- Controls as you would expect it to
Mario Kart 8
- Looks like Mario Kart 7 in HD
- Gamepad controls are fine but feel a bit off to me due to size of gamepad (however I’m assuming that other control options are available)
- Going upside down is fun, but at least in the level I played it didn’t add much to the game.
- Fluid gameplay
- Wall running/jumping adds to the game immensely and is easy to pull off by just moving your camera at an angle
- Gunplay feels solid
- Titans are brilliant.
- Taking down a titan on foot feels satisfying
- You never feel underpowered, titans don’t really tip the battle in someone’s favour
Sonic Lost World
- Sonic is slowed down
- ZR is the Run button – Sonic Walks unless this is pressed.
- Seems unwieldy, will probably take some getting used to
- Doesn’t seem to be built for getting through a level as fast as you can – quite the opposite
- More platformy than previous entries