Fear not PS3 owners – you won’t be treated like deferred citizens (I hesitate to use the term second class, since you got a bunch of add-ons) this time round, as the return to Rapture will be handled simultaneously on all formats come Q4 2009, although I’m not sure if that’s fiscal or real year. (Source – CVG)
In addition, a chunk of information was thrown in too the wild recently via a GameInformer print exclusive.
- The game is set in Rapture, 10 years after the events of the first game
- The only confirmed returning character is Tenenbaum (probably because everyone else is dead)
- You (yes, YOU) will play as the first ever Big Daddy created (drill & all!)
- Your main nemesis is the Big Sister, a mechanised adult Little Sister, who has been kidnapping surface girls for conversion into further Big Sisters
- The player can ‘adopt’ Little Sisters, who will harvest Adam from the corpses of your victims. ‘Harvest’ remains an option for that lovely ‘Black & White’ choice and ‘Rescue’ will play a part later in the game
- There are upgrade trees for skills, weapons & plasmids
More details as they arrive and the teaser is after the cut if you’ve been living under a rock.
It’s worth noting the Sea of Dreams subtitle has been dropped, despite it being quite poignant given Andrew Ryan’s posturing and ideals.